Defensive Secondary Rotation

UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 79 ✭✭ Sophomore

I feel good about our new coach and his ability to coach up players. Who do you all think will start in 2019 ? Go Dawgs ! LCB-T.Campbell , RCB-E.Stokes, SS J.Reed and FS R.LeCounte . Money D.Wilson. Hopefully we see some new comers come on as well also LeCounte wrapping up better

Comments

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LC: Tyson Campbell

RC: Eric Stokes

SS: Reed

FS: Lecounte

Mark Webb should see some good play time as well in my opinion

• UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 79 ✭✭ Sophomore

I really want to see M.Webb at his former position of WR

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The " DAWG FIGHTERS" Secondary will b anchored by JR Reed and Richard LeCounte at Safety with LeCounte likely being pushed by Reese, Cine, and possibly Campbell. Divaad Wilson will man Star. With Stokes and Campbell starting out the year at Corner and Tyrique McGee likely to c time at Star and Corner.

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With CMT gone to Colorado, it will be interesting to see what our defensive backfield looks like with a new DC and new DB coach. Like most posters, I think we start spring practice with Reed and Lecounte at safety, Stokes and Campbell at CB, and probably Wilson at star. DJ Daniel should challenge for playing time, given his junior college experience. We have lots of options with all our returning DBs from last year, such as McGhee, Webb, and Reese, and newcomers Cine and Stevenson. It’s by far the deepest defensive backfield I can remember us having.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe that 2019 we see a huge improvement in the secondary for a couple of reasons. What Warren did with Trey Dean last year was impressive, Shout out to @tiger_62082 for telling me that he (TD) was good (I guess there is none so blind as he who will not see and none so deaf as he that will not listen 😂).

I do believe also that D. Wilson will be a starting CB as he is too good to be a situational player; needs to be an every down guy. As well as Stokes performed I feel that talent coupled with Warren's coaching will mean that Campbell and Wilson will be the starting corners.

• cd1044cd1044 Posts: 495 ✭✭✭ Junior

just telling you rn stokes will be the best corner on the team next year

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 3,633 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cool. It doesn’t have to be an either or, they all play for the same team. I hope they’re all great. Does it make a difference if Daniel lines up on right side or not? You’re high on Stokes and Campbell as we all are. I’m saying this so this doesn’t turn into an aruguing a point for sake of arguing. The best players will play at the positions that give the defense the best chance to be great. That may or may not be where we want to see guys line up and that’s ok too.

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

DJ Daniel, Mark Webb and Otis Reese will make a splash. Would not be surprised to see Lewis Cine push Richard LeCounte as well. Tyrique Stevenson will push Tyson Campbell. JR Reed is still solid. Eric Stokes will be utilized more. I also want to see what Divaad Wilson and Chris Smith can do. I'm guessing Tray Bishop will transfer. Is Ameer Speed catching on? What about Latavious Brini? He's been quiet since his run in with the po-po.

Ameer Speed has incredible size

• orlandoorlando Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Like to see him up his game and get some meaningful playing time.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 11,602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

CBs - Stokes and Daniel

Safeties - Reed and Campbell

At least I suspect that would be our best starting secondary.

• Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Divaad Wilson drew rave reviews last spring and got hurt. He then played very well against Texas.

I expect him to compete for a starting job.

Dont forget the Hapeville Charter duo Poole and Smith.

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes darn it I always forget William Poole. Doh!

LeCounte at FS

• cd1044cd1044 Posts: 495 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited February 12

lecounte will start at fs i doubt we move tyson campbell to safety no evidence thats going to happen by all accounts hes staying at cb do't know why ppl are already writing lecounte off he is still only about to be a junior and had good grades from pff just needs to work on tackling technique his range and coverage is stout

• MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 475 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Denmen185 I too am impressed with Wilson. He's what I like to call a striker. He likes to hit guys. And a second element to being a "good striker" is to wrap up or make open field tackles. I believe Richard LeCounte and Otis Reese also fit that role.

I like Richie's strike and he's very good at diagnosing plays. Just want to see him wrap up a little better.

• deutcshland_dawgdeutcshland_dawg Posts: 404 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited February 12

LeCounte can read a play better than anyone on the team. He just needs to wrap up. He can be a game changer with better technique. If he doesn't progress Reese may be the starter at FS. This is almost like trying to pick the starters on the o-line. You can't really go wrong with any combo. My question is how do we keep all these players happy?Worried about attrition after spring camp

Well, now with unrestricted Free Agency being a thing and all, expect AT LEAST a couple of transfers between Spring and the beginning of fall practice. And thats just in the secondary.