The Race Card

RoyGaffRoyGaff Posts: 53 ✭✭ Sophomore

I'm no fan of Justin Fields at Ohio State, but he did not play any "race card" .

A white scholarship athlete called him the n-word in public, at a University of Georgia football game.

Any ire directed at JF should instead be focused on the root cause.

Comments

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So you've somehow read the NCAA report? Please enlighten us on the "Real McCoy" then Mr. Know It All.... 🙄

• DawginSCDawginSC Posts: 395 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Who knows what "card" he played.

The fact that there was no public attack on UGA is enough for me. I have no problem with him playing now or a year from now. My main concern was that UGA would be painted in a way they didn't deserve as part of this transfer process. UGA came down hard on the baseball player who caused this... nobody has suggested that UGA should have done anything tougher than they did in regards to punishment for the racial slur that was thrown out at the football game. UGA reacted quickly and forcefully to state that the sort of behavior that was displayed was NOT okay.

I did not want UGA to be dragged through the mud in order to get Fields the ability to play early. As that didn't happen... I'm completely content with how it played out.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He clearly claimed some sort of mental anquish or he wouldnt have been granted a waiver. None of it matters now.

• sauceddawgsauceddawg Posts: 209 ✭✭✭ Junior

I wish the makers of like yuh gi oh or dungeons and dragons made a "race card". I think that would be funny. It could have a picture of a black guy in a nascar

• bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Are you not aware there’s a successful black man in nascar?

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The 'root cause' was taken care of. Sasser was booted from the baseball team and the university.

• sauceddawgsauceddawg Posts: 209 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yes. It was a pun on "race" lol. It could be a horse or even Usain bolt I guess

• DawgforeverDawgforever Posts: 283 ✭✭✭ Junior

Did the kid in the stands say a name associated with his dumb immature comment. I don't think he did but that was his angel to get away because he couldn't handle the competition and beat out our BEAST 4 * that took down 2 5 *s. That kid could've been talking about anyone and he was punished for his actions. GO DAWGS

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 11

Well, RoyGaff just exposed himself as a SJW.

LOL @ the root cause being being called the n-word... The root cause was Justin didn’t beat out Fromm for the QB1.spot like he thought he would.

Justin couldn’t even hear anything Sasser said. Didn’t even find out about it till after the game.

edited February 11

A 22 year old is confused about whether or not he should use the n-word and made a joke nobody thought was funny. It’s not even like he was calling Justin a s dumb ***. He was saying to put Justin in the game. Now RoyGaff wants to demonize the kid for doing something dumb that the kid had quickly apollogized for. RoyGaff should be ashamed of himself.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If the OP bore any relation to the truth of the matter, I would UV and agree 100%.

This is a hell of a lot more diplomatic than what I posted.

Sorry @RoyGaff, I got a little carried away.

• benjaminwgreggbenjaminwgregg Posts: 324 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

One version that I heard was that, having played in High School, Justin wanted to play baseball this spring. Once the Sasser incident occurred, he didn't want to join the team because the team might blame him for the dismissal or, being Sasser's friends, even share his views.

A tell for this would be whether he tries out for the baseball team. Has their season started yet?

• donmdonm Posts: 8,209 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

yes BB has started and QB2 is apparently not playing hardball - at least currently.

I’m sure Justin has a lie for that too. It’s easy enough to come up with one and Justin’s made it clear he’s not above it.

That’s the problem with lying and why I try to avoid it. One lie leads to another and it’s just a pain in the ass to keep up with it all.

• UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 79 ✭✭ Sophomore

Who used the race card? 🤐😥😥

• TMazz2009TMazz2009 Posts: 234 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited February 12

OP is definitely a Libby. And I have read the Green Deal and it su<ks. Libbies need to worry about that pile of garbage making any and all Democrats completely unelectable.

The root cause was Felicia thought he was gonna come in and take over from a very good QB. The media makes Felicia feel entitled by telling him how great he is....when in fact, Felicia had only played some 19 games in high school and was a very very raw QB that has some major flaws in his game currently. Does any one expect a guy who played in 19 basketball games to come in and start at Kentucky? Noooo....it is retarded thinking. Felicia could not even beat out the QB ahead of him in high school until after the guy graduated but now he is supposed to beat out a QB who just led his team to the National Title game as a true freshman??? Sweet baby Jesus that's completely insane.

So basically, it is all really the media's fault for encouraging his entitlement.

I thought Jeff said Fields had ultimately decided to solely focus on playing football to become an NFL QB, and leave baseball behind.

• DawgforeverDawgforever Posts: 283 ✭✭✭ Junior

He was never going to play baseball at uga or OSU

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 11,602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The OP was bait.

edited February 12

Another smarmy thing Fields has done in this whole thing is that “overall UGA wasn’t racist against me!” press statement. I bet in Fields mind, that his bone he threw us. It’s his way of showing us he really is a good guy. But that **** press statement accomplished nothing. His use of the word overall completely leaves it open for people to act like a bunch of racist **** did happen.

And why he’s being so evasive is because he doesn’t want to draw attention to the fact that he lied about wanting to play baseball. He doesn’t want that story gaining traction, Because if he just admits nothing happened other than 1 kid getting drunk and acting like an idiot so far away from him he couldn’t even hear it, then people start asking. Well then, what was your waiver request based on?

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Any other insider info into what went on during the process?

• rrich45rrich45 Posts: 60 ✭✭ Sophomore

Darrel Wallace Drives for Richard Petty