Who scares you more UF or UT?

law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭ Junior

Florida or Tennessee?

For me its Tennessee. I think Pruitt has shown he is willing to make the big moves to get the best guys he can. And I think he is a better coach and recruiter than Mullen. If Pruitt stays at UT within the next 2-3 years UT will be a real threat.

Comments

• LORLOR Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

Florida, easy. Mullen could conceivably create a great team that would last because of their recruiting advantages. Whatever Pruitt does will get undone as soon as he jumps for a better job.

• donmdonm Posts: 8,209 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

FLorida. I think Mullen gets under rated a good bit.

• Sparky_DAWGSparky_DAWG Posts: 132 ✭✭✭ Junior

Are we talking about the fan bases or the football teams? I would say I’m equally fearful of the two fan bases (only insane people are fans of “orange” teams). Neither football team strikes fear into me, although I agree with your assessment of Pruitt and UT. I just think that while Pruitt gets better, so will Kirby and I don’t see Mullen or Pruitt out recruiting our staff for several years. And Mullen is just an absolute joke of a coach.

GO DAWGS!!

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not going to say the obvious which would be Bama (doubt he is in the first 3 phonecalls)

Potentially at Auburn once the Gus Bus finally runs out of gas.

Or maybe FSU gives him another shot ?

• LORLOR Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not sure where, but Tennessee is a difficult place to coach even with a huge budget. I would think Auburn would be a good spot, even Miami. I don’t see Pruitt staying there long term.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

UF right now. Pruitt has made some nice moves in Knoxville and is trending up but Eddie has more talent to work with and some good recruits incoming. Both are still looking up at UGA

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Florida for the reason that the worlds largest cocktail party is always crazy as well as the fact that UF is taking a bye week as well before they plays us. The reason I am not worried is that Florida is losing nearly their entire O-line and that Florida does not have the first 5 star player on its entire team

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Neither lol. Trash cans vs mullets.

In all seriousness, it’s hard to say though because if Mullen ever gets a great QB going and Pruitt gets his D-fence, man that’s a toss up

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Its always going to be Florida. As much as I despise TN, it boils down to Florida being the team we have to put down. I'm a little biased on this as I live much of the year on the Forgotten Coast and get to hear all the Gators and Noles opine.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@law_dawg35Neither one is “easy”. Georgia can never just show up and expect the uniform to win anything. I feel pretty confident that this year’s 2019 team will be hungry and motivated to win every time that they take the field. GO DAWGS!!!

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

biggest worries in order

1) Notre Dame

2) TAMU

3) Auburn (kirby has never won an away game against an SEC west opponent)

4) Florida

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ditto but I'd put ND at the back of the line. Don't think it will be a blow out but not worried about the Irish or the hype that game is going to garner. The Aggies on the other hand.

• UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 79 ✭✭ Sophomore

Florida has the better recruits but Tennessee has been making some waved with it's coaching hires

• TMazz2009TMazz2009 Posts: 234 ✭✭✭ Junior

Those are the big 4 imo.....my order would be:

1) The Barn (Kirby on road vs SEC West)

2) Aggies

3) Florida

4) Notre Dame (gets drilled....advise everyone to refinance their house if Dawgs open -10 or less...best guess is opener around -12.5...41-13 type game....21-6 @ half....this is the coming out party for the new breed of Junk Yard Dawgs)

5) Tennessee (take the under....sure it comes out around 53-54....31-10 type game)

So in essence I think Tennessee game will be closer than the ND game. You heard it here first...Vegas odds will more than likely have those spreads in that order from least to greatest...UF may flip with Aggies. But playing at the Barn will be the smallest spread of 2019 for the Dawgs...favored in all but it will be 6.5 or less at Auburn.

• TMazz2009TMazz2009 Posts: 234 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited February 12

As for the OP....

UF should always be considered a greater threat imo. Their recruiting advantages over Tennessee is too much to overcome for any sustained period. The debacle in Tallahassee and what I expect to be a failure in Miami will only strengthen UF for the time being.

There will be some years Tennessee has a better team. But for the vast majority of the coming seasons, those lousy a$$ Gators pose the biggest threat. And the Vols have Chaney so we know exactly what they are going to do on 1st down now.

• ziggyholidayziggyholiday Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

To stand an actual chance at beating UGA? UF.

To losing to? UT, that would just be embarrassing wouldn't it?

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@joeyww12000 Well said.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 12

TN. Brings up bad memories now that Phillip has been back in the picture for a moment. Back in middle school there was this huge linebacker size of a chick. Her mom kept her on a diet. I swear I couldn’t eat anything because as soon as the bag or lunch box opened here she came running down the hall to take it. The poor girl became aggressive when she was hangry

same type of situation now that Phillip is back. I literally can’t enjoy the fine dining experience at the Ryan’s steakhouse in Knoxville because of him. Got to eat like you’re in prison and you best forget dessert.

That is is why I went with UT...that an UGA should never be scared of Dapper Daniel’s Dancing gators

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 12

In a different thread I said that UT would be #2 in the East due to the losses UF had on defense and the fact that UT only had 1 early entry into the draft. However, further research shows me that UT had 9 blue chip players exhaust their eligibility (used the 247 Team Talent Composite - great source of roster talent). The 2015 class was by far the best of the recent UT classes finishing 4th in the rankings. The early declarer was also a 4* so in all UT lost 10 of their 35 blue chips (29%). In comparison UF lost 5 of their 35 blue chips (3 seniors, 2 early - 14%) . The 2019 classes added 17 to UF and 13 to UT giving a net increase of 3 to UT and 12 to UF. Over the same period UGA lost 18 blues but added 20, a net increase of 2. This suggests that the 2019 "blues" will be UGA 63, UF 47 and UT 38. Talent wise UF poses a bigger threat than UT for 2019. Note, UGA will have 15 5*s on the roster compared with 3 for UT and 0 UF. All numbers will be confirmed or otherwise once the 2019 Talent numbers are released by 247 which should be next week based on prior years although one wonders if the portal will cause a delay in release.

Bottom line is UGA should not be troubled by either although UF should be #2 in the East especially getting UT in the swamp.

• DCochranDCochran Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

Tenn just doesn't have the talent that UF has and they are light years away from us. If anybody watched the UT /Bama game, it was like Bama was just toying with them. They could have scored a 100 if they'd have wanted too. They'll get the talent level back up, cause they seem to be recruiting pretty decent now, but it's gonna take another season or two IMO.

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Florida has the better talent pool to pull from, but I hate the idea of UTjr being any good whatsoever.

• TDawgTDawg Posts: 104 ✭✭✭ Junior

None of the above. It seems like every 2 weeks someone puts up this post. Coaches that win consistently (Saban and Bilechick) coach a system and we have that type of coach. Being out coached(LSU, Alabama, and Texas game) and overwhelming talent(not happening) is the only thing beating us. Those 2 schools are incapable of both.

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Truth.

UF or UTjr has about the same chance to beat Georgia as MSSt or AU has to beat Bama in 2019.

• dawgitimafandawgitimafan Posts: 219 ✭✭✭ Junior

Imagine if Tennessee and UGA both start beating Florida consistently, Mullen would be fine within a couple years I bet.

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Both scare me. UF more than UTjr.

For the same reason that LSU and UTsr scared me.

UF and UT don't have the talent level that UGA has. But they both have legit talent. Enough to beat a good team if team isn't prepared.

It is sometines difficult for a superior program to beat an inferior (but talented program) when players on one team keep hearing they can't possibly lose and the other team keeps hearing they can't possibly win.

It's a psychological battle that many programs struggle with - i.e. Ohio State.

That is something that Saban has done an incredible job with - controlling the rat poison. Georgia has to make that next step.

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UF easily. UT is at such a talent disadvantage, I'm not really sure they will be able to fully rebound as long as Kirby is here. Mullen is the kind of guy who can do more with less. He's not the best recruiter in the world but he knows how to identify talent he can use. Not sure Mullen can compete year after year like we will with Kirby but he will throw together some teams that will be capable of beating big time programs.