Predictions for 2019-2020 Season

UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 79 ✭✭ Sophomore

What are your predictions for UGA upcoming season? Do we finally beat BAMA ? Is there a 1,000 yard receiver amongst the players this year? Do we have more sacks this year? Do we get back to the CFB Playoffs ?

Comments

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I said earlier that we should be a 12-0 team without injuries.

However, we have 5 teams taking bye weeks before they play us and that can make things very difficult. 11-1 or 12-0

yes we have more sacks

no we do not have a 1,000 yard receiver

ticket to the playoff will go through atlanta in the SEC championship game

• Dawg4Life912Dawg4Life912 Posts: 109 ✭✭✭ Junior
    1. National Champion
    2. Another two 1,000 year backs( Swift for sure and I honestly believe Herrien will get 1,000 as well)
    3. offense will be top 10 in the nation
    4. defense will top 3 in the nation
  • AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 645 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

15-0 if relatively healthy

2 1,000 yard rushers

several 600 yard receivers

top 10 in sacks

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

14-1, we lose at the right time.

Defense gels late in the season to be a monster

3 headed RB monster

Fromm makes all the plays when needed.

The key moment is a fake punt in the CFP semi finals.

• DCochranDCochran Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

Here's my take on our biggest competition....

The SEC East teams? Pffftt.....give me a break!

Bama? They've lost a little swagger after that bullwhipping by Clemson, but that'll probably make them work harder in the offseason, so it could have a reverse effect. Aside from Clemson, we're the only team that can play with them. The last 3 times we lost twice based on some bad coaching calls or unfortunate happenings, and we didn't really lose the NC game, just got raped by bad reffing and they just gift-wrapped it and gave it to Saban-Gotti. I don't even count that game as real. They'll be tough this season with ol Tag-me-with-ravioli back, but lose more talent than us. So I'm going with a win in the SECCG.

Clemson? as long as TL and Etienne is there, they can beat anybody. But they'll miss Lamar at LB and their entire DL that was maybe the best ever in the game, or at least in recent memory. That was the real secret to their success last season. They'd have lost at least a couple of games if not for them D superheroes who are off to the NFL. They'll be talented, but against our OL, they'll feel the loss of the big uglies and we take down the big Orange.

The Suckeyes? Give me a break....Fields will find out real quick he made the worst mistake of his life. He'll be the starter, and they'll still lose 3 games and end up in the Citrus Bowl. Meanwhile, Nebraska will win the Little 10 and play us in the first round of the playoffs....and lose.

Oklahoma? Pretenders....moving on...

Notre dame? We'll vanquish any talk about them in game 2

Texas? If they play us again in the P/O, we'll have all of our players playing this time and actually CARE about the game. Good news for us, bad news for them. But I think Ok beats them out and makes it to the P/O instead.

Texas A&M? Maybe our only real test of the season till we play Bama. If we get by them, we'll have a mountain of momentum.

Bottom line; the best OL in the nation with a deep RB corp and a seasoned QB. This team looks different from last season, in that it just appears to have no weaknesses now that the young studs have grown up a bit. It's hard to imagine anybody out-talenting us. Injuries or self-inflicted crap will be our only enemies. I'm going with 13-1 with a win over Nebraska in the first round of the P/O and then the finale against Clem's-sons in the big one for our first real NC since our 'unofficial' NC against Ok in the The Rose bowl a couple of years ago.

That's my take...

• dawgitimafandawgitimafan Posts: 219 ✭✭✭ Junior

I wouldn't be surprised if we're playing Justin Fields in the first round of the playoffs, that would be a nail biter.

• SouthGA_DawgSouthGA_Dawg Posts: 80 ✭✭✭ Junior

Returning 4 out of 5 starters on O-Line, RB, QB so I don’t see much of any drop off in offense, we will likely see an at least slight increase in PPG

• TMazz2009TMazz2009 Posts: 234 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited February 13

First off....Ohio St is not making the playoffs. Not happening....they will lose 2 games minimum and no 2 game loser is making the CFP if 2018 UGA did not. Ohio St will not even win the Big 14 or whatever it is nowadays. Michigan wins that one....

CFP is 1) Clemson 2) UGA 3) Michigan 4) Bama

Clemson beats Bama again cause that is what Dabo does. UGA beats Michigan. TLaw then faces the best defense he has ever seen in his young career. Fromm throws for 314 yds 3 TDs....31-23 DAWGS

Toughest test of the season....at Auburn. Their D front 7 is still stout. Dawgs seem to stink on the road vs the SEC West....still manage a 27-23 win but it the closest call of the season.

Almost put Texas in playoff but Bama will find a way....somehow....Texas will slip up and lose a game. Both have 1 loss and the Big 12 conference champ is left out for Bama.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Juggernaut is now GEORGIA. This team should be at 12-0, but no less than an 11-1 team at the end of this regular season. This team now has the horses to beat Alabama. Get over that hurdle (Alabama), then the “Natty” is finally within reach. Finally, the depth is no longer an issue. Georgia has the depth pretty much across the board everywhere (and on both sides of the ball too!!!) of any of the top programs anywhere in America. What needs to become apparent IMHO is two things, the team leadership (who grows into those roles for 2019???), and then THE HUNGER!!!! Georgia NEEDS to BECOME STARVING TO DEATH HUNGRY!!! GO DAWGS!!! DO MORE!!!!

• PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 13

Here is my prediction: the word for '19 is offense. We should be deadly. The O line will drive the Big Dawg Bandwagon, and the talking heads will be jumping on board as the season progresses. Having an experienced winner at QB can't be underestimated. I expect Coley to bring pressure on opposing DCs, and he will be a big part of the why discussion. Defense will always be good because the HC is one of the best in the nation in that department, but not as highly ranked as the O. Even if we lose in a tight SECCG game, we will make the playoffs imo. Kirby now understands why you have to blow out opponents--for the politics in the CFP room. I see record setting run and pass stats directly ahead.

Overall, I think the Buckeyes, with a Heisman contending JF at the helm, UGA, Bama, and either Oklahoma, Clemson, or a dark horse will be the final four. Clemson loses a lot of talent on D and I think they will have to reload. Their resume and their weak schedule will help them a lot, though. I like Bama vs. UGA in the Natty, but OSU is loaded with talent, too. Go Dawgs.

• MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 475 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited February 13

We were beat up at the end of last season, but one could argue everyone else was too. Same for Bama. No way they were the same team that had 3(?) shutouts including a 4td drubbing of LSU during the regular season.

But we're only losing one starter in the front 7, A. Walker. With Davis, a ton of Juniors, and an elite group Of LB's, this year's team has the depth and talent to survive the juggernaut called the SEC. And the speed to derail the Trevor Lawrence Show.

• cd1044cd1044 Posts: 495 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited February 13

our secondary matches up perfectly with clemson. two long corners who have the speed and athleticism to match up with Ross and Higgins ( Stokes and Campbell) a stout slot corner who can contain armani rodgers (Divaad Wilson) and two ballhawks safeties that can contain lawerence's deep ball ( Lecounte and Reed)

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 13

I differ with BA on how important WRs are for Georgia. The only game Georgia has lost in the last two years because of offense is the LSU game. The real weakness on the Georgia football team is in the front seven. Without Jordan Davis Georgia could not stop the run against the real good teams and Georgia has had trouble rushing the passer for years. I hope that the addition of Jermaine Johnson, Zion Logue, Tymon Mitchell, Bill Norton, Nolan Smith, Travon Walker, Tramel Walthour plus the continued development of Brenton Cox, Jordan Davis, David Marshall, Julian Rochester, Michael Barnett, Tyler Clark and Devonte Wyatt will fix the problem.

Georgia needs to go no worst than 12 and 1 to make the big show.

• UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 79 ✭✭ Sophomore

I agree the front 7 didn't look as strong against the run as a say Clemson

• donmdonm Posts: 8,209 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nobody's front 4 could compete with Clemson's last year. I'm not sure of their LB's but those 4 were a great start towards a great front 7.

• ugaforeverugaforever Posts: 645 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We all need to show up at Spring Day. Best way to keep the Kirby train running. Show the recruits UGA means business. Come and play in front of the best fans in college football.

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have some concern about a change of OC because it is a new play caller. Don't think it will be a problem--just an adjustment over the first few games. The DC is the other unknown that causes a bit of concern. I'm not worried about any of our position groups.

With that said, I think we go 11-1 winning the SEC east. Beyond this, my homerism would make my prediction less than objective.

I'm hoping we don't struggle as much in the first half of the season like we did last year. I'm hoping we pour it on from start to finish.

• RetiredRedcoatRetiredRedcoat Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭ Senior