GRANTHAM LEADER FOR BENGALS DC

AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 645 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don’t like him because he has no loyalty to his current team(s). Job hopper. Good for 2-3 years then gone. Mullen knew that when he hired him at MSU and followed him to UF, so he gets what he deserves.

That said, he has a track record as being a decent DC. His leaving UF would hurt them and to me that’s a GOOD THING.

Comments

• donmdonm Posts: 8,209 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

poor bengals.

• dawgitimafandawgitimafan Posts: 219 ✭✭✭ Junior

They love mediocrity up there, keeping Marvin Lewis for 40 years proved that

• MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 558 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Grantham seems to be good for a season or two with other people's players. Once he gets his own players, the defense is not as good. 1st season at Cleveland as DC, 11th in scoring defense. 3rd season, one of the worst defenses in the league--25th or worse in almost every statistical category.

At UGA, the 2010 Defense was 23rd in total defense and 2011 defense was 5th nationally. 3rd season, fell to 32nd in total defense. 4th season, the D fell to 45th in total defense.

• Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Against UGA Grantham gets beat up regularly.

I say say the lizards keep him and Counsin Eddie for as long as possible. Both have a losing tradition against us.

• bhs11bhs11 Posts: 94 ✭✭ Sophomore

The big loss for the Gators is that he would take Robinson with him. Rob is becoming a great coach and recruiter.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is the year Mullen is supposed to make a jump if he is going to further his recruiting momentum. Grantham leaving now would be a huge setback for the upcoming season. If Coley can hang 40 on them in the Coctail party then the ramifications for both programs would be huge. This is a HUGE year for Kirby. He either comes out of the season with question marks or solidly cements his stranglehold on the East. The Gators could make up a lot of ground with a win in Jax and the dividends it would pay on the recruiting trail.

• BlantonBlanton Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

I would prefer Grantham remain at Florida. The main reason is that Kirby knows his system and how to beat it. Plus the fact he will only be at UF for two more years and then move on and hopefully the UF defense will be in the same shape as how he found it.

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I as well hope he remains at Florida

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 13

Where have you seen this about Robinson going with ?

• AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 645 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

More mediocrity and backsliding

That is good news

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let me just add this tidbit. UGA has faced a Grantham lead defense 3 times since he left our program. In those 3 games, we have scored a total of 104 points averaging 34.6 points per game. I don't see it changing much in the near future.

Thanks for staying at UF CTG!!!

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Here comes the “3rd and Grantham” to the city of Cincinnati!!! They’re going to regret this!!! OUCH!!!