Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Warren or Ansley?

KDawg83KDawg83 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

What do you make of TN and Ansley? Clearly available, but never mentioned as UGA candidate except for speculation. Tremendous recruiter, so why not a fit in Athens? I see this as a boon to TN once made official.

Comments

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ansley is certainly a good hire.

But Teddy pointing out they’re spending their money on assistants rather than Pruitt makes me wonder if Pruitt is looking at this like a stepping stone. E.g., okay with spending all the money on assistants to make **** sure he gets some kind of results. So his resume looks decent for the next gig.

Just a conspiracy theory. No real evidence to show that’s the case.

• Options
    UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Warren. Hometown GA boy and I like his background. He's also had stints at Tenn and Fla before, so he might be able to give us some insight into how those programs are ran/coached too.

• Options
    DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Others could explain it better but some of his moves were bigger events than he had control. Like the head coach getting fired and they cleaned house? Just working from imperfect memory.

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tough question to answer as it is being asked. Ansley wasnt coming without a DC title and Kirby probably wasnt offering after the Bobo/CSU affair.

If he wasnt good enough for Kirby to offer him the title of DC then the comparison is not really valid.

Ansley as DC/DB coach or Warren as DB with Lanning as DC? That’s the question. I’ll take the setup we have now.

• Options
    MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Preach it @JoelSidneyKelly lol. I think Warren is the better recruiter. And he WANTS to be a DAWG

• Options
    dawgitimafandawgitimafan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Was Kirby willing to let Ansley call plays? I think this more about Kirby keeping his young coaches happy. Also Ansley will get more credit for the Tennessee defense than he would playing under Kirby I bet.

• Options
    Godawgs2019Godawgs2019 Posts: 95 ✭✭✭ Junior

Has it been confirmed that Lanning will call plays? Or is he simply the DC by title

• Options

If you got raises and promoted would you stay where you were unless it was an alma mater???????? And even then it happens ALL THE TIME. Your indicating that he shouldn't try to have a successful career and move up the ranks. Would you do that in your occupation? Just curious. It's something for you to "condemn" the guy for as if he has no loyalty to a program. To this man performing the job you have a track record issue while he has a family to support, and I'm quite sure HC aspirations one day. Would you make the same moves he made if you were him? JUST CURIOUS.

• Options

He'll call plays but I think he and Shu will develop the game plan together weekly. But we all know this is Kirby's D. I'd imagine Lanning and Shu being LB coaches will bring more pressure from EVERYWHERE and play more bump and run man to man. And with athletic guys with their hands in the dirt, like Cox, Herring etc; we may do more zone blitzing (bringing backers and even a safety and dropping those athletic ends in coverage in the flats or over the middle. Never knowing who's coming from where REALLY rushes qb's and forces them to get rid of it before they can read anything. We should have many more takeaways than the last two years, along with sacks.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agreed and would add Wyatt and Walker to the list of athletic linemen. I expect to be top 10 in TFL/Sacks in 2019