Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Hottest tickets in towns.

volatilisvolatilis Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So, was a little bored and found myself looking at the week by week schedule on ESPN. Noticed the ticket prices 'as low as' next to most of the games. Thought it would be interesting (interesting might be grasping) to list the top 10 'as low as' prices by games.

1. $409 - UGA vs Notre Dame
  2. $251 - Ohio St vs Penn St
  3. $247 - Michigan vs Ohio St
  4. $247 - Auburn vs Alabama
  5. $243 - Stanford vs Notre Dame
  6. $233 - Texas - Oklahoma
  7. $197 - Auburn vs Georgia
  8. $197 - Chicks vs Clemson
  9. $186 - NC State vs Clemson
  10. $183 - tie - USC vs UCLA and Ohio St vs Mich St

Pretty good list of games. These prices are from Vivid tickets. Saw some of the UGA-ND prices over $2000. Amazing the gap with the UGA-ND game and the rest.

Comments

• tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am surprised by a few of those

Generally, OOC games that are not annual rivals are bigger draws. And especially of those games are highly ranked teams and/or with fanatical fanbases. Of course, a few rival games will make the list as well

That said, I am really surprised 1) USC v Clemson is on that list 2) A&M v Clemson is not on the list 3) No LSU v Texas 3) Auburn makes the list twice and neither game involves Oregon

• VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

I was checking a few UGA games today and I'll probably end up going to the Texas A&M game. Tickets starting at like $150 something.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wanting to go to the A&M game also, got a feeling there’s going to be a lot riding on it.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@VALDOSTADAWG @orlando

I wanna go to the TAMU game as well. Small sample size, but guessing we better jump on those tix while they're still affordable.

• volatilisvolatilis Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, pretty much surprised Clemson and USC. Hard to figure some of these. Auburn/Oregon are as low as $107. These figures also may not be the 'gospel'. A lot of games doesn't mention any prices, just the link 'buy on Vivid Seats'. Believe it or not, LSU/Texas as low as $20? Go figure.

• tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

heck, for $20 I would go if I lived in that area. just for the experience