Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

If you could go back...

2»

Comments

• Options
    DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This question made me think back and realize my decisions were not that dumb.

Football and wrestling: highly dependent on coaches as far as how much fun we had. Football gets all the love. Wrestling success for me all depended on what I put into it.

Life lessons, if I think that I have to work harder than the other guy I get better. If as a result I start thinking I am good, the opposition gets better.

Doing things is better than not doing them and wondering what could have been.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I tried... I was 120 lbs soaking wet. Which is to bad, because I think I was okay at the fundamentals.

• Options
    JoeClarkJoeClark Posts: 428 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I didn’t play but if I could go back I would focus more on track and field

I was naturally good but never worked hard at it to take it to the next level. I miss it now and watch it as much as I watch football.

All in all made it out okay. Got a music scholly and no real lingering ailments

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If I could go back...I wouldn't. It's never as good the second time.

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wish I could go back and start playing golf at a younger age. I picked it up in graduate school after the baseball career was over. I ended up really enjoying practicing, got my handicap down below 0, made a cut in a Hooter's tour event. I'm quite certain if I'd taken the game up earlier I could have done a little more damage.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod

I always thought about golf being a great non-contact sport to take up. It wasn't until after I started playing did I realize it was a contact sport. Club face contacts ball which flies off into the water. Club head contacts ground in disgust, Club shaft contacts knee in further disgust.....

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod
    edited March 2019

Oh, it wasn't one of mine. It belong to the course ranger who stopped to tell me to quit slamming my club in the ground. More than likely why that particular course would never accept a tee time from me ever again......😜 (JK)

And back on topic, knowing now what 12 years of playing football does to the body, I would probably try out for the golf team....