Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

TK Chimedza - Trending in the right direction?

Dakota_NesterDakota_Nester Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I have not heard much on TK recently, but it seems that a few CB predictions have came in and we're level with Duke. Has he been on campus recently at these camps or making additional visits? The tape on this kid doesn't lie, and he would be a heck of a get at DT in my opinion. Also on side note - the more UGA can gain ground at IMG, the better in my opinion.

Comments

• SnoopDawgSnoopDawg Posts: 660 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

TK says Dogs of war are his leader but not sure the feeling is mutual

Snoop Crystal Ball says Duke or NATS

• Dakota_NesterDakota_Nester Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@SnoopDawg said:

Duke has been trending for a while for the Academics and he loves that school. Who else at DT are we chasing where there is mutual interest? Walthour from Liberty maybe or potentially Trout? Not the deepest class at DT in my opinion.

You right, DT razor thin. Yeah Wwalthour, Thomas maybe

My bruh @tiger_62082 knows these dudes like Mel Kiper

• godawgsgodawgs Posts: 326 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited June 2017

Both CBs came from Duke mods (in fact one of them already changed it back to fuzzy). UGA seems to be focused on other DL. Would be very surprised if he ended up in Athens.

• spradlin24spradlin24 Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

DL/DE Potential commits/Current targets. Getting guys that can play both DT and DE in the 3-4 will be a big deal to fill the void of possible departures. Long, Big guys that are not much over 290lbs with good hands and quick off the ball.
    John Mincey
    Tramel Walthour
    Caleb Tannor
    TK Chimedza
    KJ Henry (Possibly play OLB in college)
    Trevor Trout
    Stephon Wynn
    Jaevon Becton (Committed)
    Micah Parsons
    Dorian Gerald (JUCO)
    Emmit Gooden (JUCO)

@spradlin24 didn't think about the JUCO kids. I was thinking along the lines of a Thompson or Rochester, just a big body DT that commands double teams. But I do see where Kirby is looking for a more athletic front. It'll be interesting how the front 7 plays out this recruiting cycle. I think Becton will be a good one

• PortlanddawgPortlanddawg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭ Junior

@SnoopDawg said:

It's true. @tiger_62082 is the expert on the D line. What do you think, @tiger_62082?
    I'm going Walthour, Tannor for sure, and probably Wynn. But otherwise, not sure. How many are we supposed to take?

@tiger_62082 said:

@SnoopDawg said:

I heard Thomas said that we lead but I haven't heard much from him since.

Are we talking Xavier Thomas?

@tiger_62082 was his top 8 in order?

@tiger_62082 said:

@Portlanddawg said:

@tiger_62082 said:

@SnoopDawg said:

I heard Thomas said that we lead but I haven't heard much from him since.

Are we talking Xavier Thomas?

No he's locked on to Clemson like glue. @SnoopDawg and I were referring to Alfred Thomas, a DT out of Alabama.

http://247sports.com/Player/Alfred-Thomas-82789
    http://www.scout.com/player/198060-alfred-thomas
    https://www.seccountry.com/sec/4-star-dt-alfred-thomas-lists-5-sec-schools-top-8
    https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/alfred-thomas-7737

Ahhhh. Ok. That makes way more sense. I thought maybe you guys knew something I'd completely missed.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:

@Dakota_Nester said:
    @tiger_62082 was his top 8 in order?

No, but he did state Georgia was his leader at one time. Have not heard much since

Mizz has joined the Dawgs as co-leader. I take that to mean UGA interest in Thomas has declined suggesting a good feel/silent commits from higher ranked targets. Just my opinion

• Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@spradlin24 said:

Getting to the point where we have studs on coverage teams is where we need to get because then we know the depth chart is in good order.

Amen...and it should improve our ST play, which has been sorely lacking in the recent past!

edited June 2017

HE GONE @tiger_62082 @spradlin24 @Denmen185 @Dakota_Nester

@SnoopDawg said:

Snoops Crystal Ball was 100 yet again

WOW. Did not see Tech in there, but I guess that means we have to work hard to land the others on the DL board.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@spradlin24 said:
    WOW. Did not see Tech in there, but I guess that means we have to work hard to land the others on the DL board.

Just another sign that we are good at DT with silents!

edited June 2017

@spradlin24 said:

Snoop saw it coming but wish this kid nothing but Zues running over him for the next 3 years

• ladawgladawg Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jeff says look at the visits... I say look at the offers.. when we lost Lawrence, how many qb offers were we giving out.. left and right 10-15 in 2 months... how many offers for DL, OL, WR, Or RB u seen go out lately.. if Kirby was as worried as us, offers would be flying out for those positions.. the wildgoose offer and acceptance makes me nervous about DB's..

That's a hell of a get for Georgia Tech. It'll be interesting lining up against him once a year.

@Denmen185 said:

@spradlin24 said:

Just another sign that we are good at DT with silents!

Hoping you are right because we need to land several DL players with the possible departures and now the uncertainty of Wyatt to add to that depth concern. I say we need a haul of 4-5 guys that can get down in the trenches.