Reminder: 5-star Jadon Haselwood is the best receiver UGA has had on the board in years

JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 1,337 admin

As I wrote this, I swore I could hear my parents and grandparents telling me years ago: Be thankful for what you have.

5-star Jadon Haselwood is the best receiver UGA has had on the board in years.

Like 10-plus years.

Just a one-day pause button to remind everyone that thinks that there are a lot of issues with UGA recruiting to simply remind folks that there are still 5-stars committed to the program. Any program that has a pair of 5-stars on the board is doing a great many things right.

Comments

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 324 ✭✭✭ Junior

Is he better than AJ? I notice you said 10 years and its been exactly what 11 since AJ lol

• tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Money Bag Meyer is still chasing him. We must stay steadfast and strong that the Cheateyes don't sway him. Also need to match him with any 3 of the following: Dom (Blaylock), Jordan Whittington, Theo Wease, Arjei Henderson, Ramel Keyton & Ainias Smith. Sheff (Jashawn Sheffield) & Jay (Jaylin Sheffield) are must lands as well but not sure where the coaching staff sees them.

• spradlin24spradlin24 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like Haslewood and 2019 is loaded at the position. As @tiger_62082 said we have a lot of options that are a big deal. Blaylock is really good, I personally would prefer Ramel Keyton in the 3-4 WR that we should take along with Jashawn Sheffield and Jaylin Sheffield. We have to show we will use the guys we have now to land too level guys like this though. JJ having a big season this year along with Mecole, Godwin, Wims and Simmons. Trey Blount and Webb could also make us look good as well if we throw the ball better this year.

• tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@spradlin24 said:
    I like Haslewood and 2019 is loaded at the position. As @tiger_62082 said we have a lot of options that are a big deal. Blaylock is really good, I personally would prefer Ramel Keyton in the 3-4 WR that we should take along with Jashawn Sheffield and Jaylin Sheffield. We have to show we will use the guys we have now to land too level guys like this though. JJ having a big season this year along with Mecole, Godwin, Wims and Simmons. Trey Blount and Webb could also make us look good as well if we throw the ball better this year.

Absolutely agree and the passing game has to be better and more involved in the offense this year. Brennan Eagles, Kearis "King" Jackson, & Marquez Ezzard have said they're watching our offense to see how often we pass the ball. There's a bit of a wait and see approach with the wideouts- and perhaps one or two tight endss- in that regard. No more 2 straight running plays into 9 man fronts and 3rd and long. Have the tackles, wideouts, and can fully incorporate all four of the NFL TEs to the offense to make us humm on that side of the ball.

• ladawgladawg Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JeffSentell

Jeff's son gave him "the talk"

wheresourmockclass

mostUNinterestingmanintheworld

fullkimmeldamon