Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Countdown to August 31 - Day 98 - It's 10 to 9 in Texas Yet Again

CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Evening all! Just 14 weeks to go 'til we kick off in Nashville, but tonight we're talking a little basketball.

98: Georgia defeated Texas 98-88 at Stegeman Coliseum, January 26, 2019

I know we don't talk much basketball on this forum outside of a few dedicated threads, but it's nice to check in on the program once in a while, especially with Tom Crean entering his second year. 2018-19 was a difficult season for Georgia, as they stumbled to an overall record of 11-21, with bright moments often few and far between. Beating Texas in January was one of those. Behind 39 combined points from Tyree Crump and Nicolas Claxton, Georgia shot 32-48 from the field and 12-17 from 3-point range en route to a comfortable double digit victory over a decent Texas team who finished the season 21-16.

The victory moved Georgia's record on the season to.... 10-9. Aren't coincidences great? Go Dawgs!

Comments

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Remember that Bowl game falling after Jan 1st that year for some reason. My high school had started classes back, so I skipped to watch the game with my dad and friends.

Also remember a bad joke from back then. TX head coach shot his wife. What happened. He asked what time it was. She said "10 to 9"

• TurkDawgTurkDawg Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2019

Something else great about that “10 to 9” Texas Cotton Bowl win is that we beat Florida by the same score that year on one of the best long drives I can remember (99 yards without Herschel and no big plays)

Go Dawgs