Just got 5 good minutes with Zamir White -- Read all about it.

JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 1,314 admin

Just wrapped up a quick session with Zamir after his announcement. If you can read anything from Zamir any faster than this, well then you are a Daisy if you do.

Comments

• GeorgiaDawgs912GeorgiaDawgs912 Posts: 138 mod

@JeffSentell said:
    OK, here we go.....

Zamir is done. No more visits. His recruiting is over.

Doesn't care what number he will wear at Georgia. "I will wear zero or No. 99 if that's what they want."

Zeus to Athens baby !!!

• JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 1,314 admin

The second place team was Alabama. Not North Carolina.

Zamir said that he liked the Crimson Tide at about "75 percent" of how he felt about UGA.

He also agreed that if the two teams were running a 40, then he felt like UGA had a 7-yard lead on Tide.

His mother didn't really know until last night. She knew last night.

White said he told Georgia coach Kirby Smart about a month ago. He was done then.

What did he say when he committed? He said "DawgNation" and that was about it.

Why did he do that? He wasn't sure why. He just felt it.

What were the biggest factors? White said that it was "playing time" and the "coaches" and the RB tradition at UGA.

He is still on track to enroll early. Still plans to plan in the U.S. Army All-American Game.

White said that's the only gift that he is going to get his mother for her birthday.

He was dressed sharp and was in a bit of uneasiness about being separated from his cell phone.

• bigjtg103bigjtg103 Posts: 19 ✭ Freshman

Heck yea!! Loved watching him commit! You could tell he was a little uncomfortable with all the attention!!! Can't wait to see him in the backfield with Swift and Fields! Go DAWGS! Great day to be a DAWG!!!

No. More. Visits. His recruiting is shut down. Done.

He sounded relieved to say that.

North Carolina made a big push late. But it wasn't enough to swing things past the Crimson Tide for his runner-up school.

• ladawgladawg Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

what I think is gonna be interesting is where bama lands in recruiting rankings this year and next.. Ohio state seems to clearly be on track for #1... but people kept saying that Kirby was saban's ace recruiter.. I think 18 and 19' will really reveal if they did lose their top recruiter.. most of relationships for 16 and 17 classes were already there before he left.. yet Kirby still had a shot with mac Wilson and the other 5 star lb... I know Pruitt can recruit, but this storyline will be interesting to follow

• j_j_j_s1j_j_j_s1 Posts: 44 ✭ Freshman

Thanks for the reporting @JeffSentell. Great job.

This is a Tar Heel state, but I can't tell you the number of people who came up to him and were glad that he chose UGA.

Why? The feeling was there this was a decision about football. The loved ones in his community care a lot about this young man.

The hometown folks represented here today just felt better about seeing him go to the SEC school with the tradition that UGA has that really emphasizes running the football.

We put salyer and hill in front of him with Thomas and Wilson on edges.. dear god, he's gonna break all kinds of rushing records

Things are looking up boys! Looking up!!!

This decision came last month.

"Georgia is a great school to me," White said. "The tradition there and the mindset of that school with its backs is that they are just looking for great players."

edited June 27

"This is a big weight off my shoulders," White said. "This is a lot of stuff on my shoulders but it is a big blessing."

Why Georgia trumped Alabama?

"Georgia is just Georgia to me," White said. "I've known about them and loved them since my freshman year."

Georgia has basically been leading for me ever since then."

Gotta give a shout out to richt and McClendon then! Thanks for seeing him early

edited June 27

"Playing time was just huge for me," he said. "I should be able to play early there."

What do Georgia fans need to know about this decision? What will he bring to the program?"

"It is on," White said. "It is on and popping."

When did he know? He said it was about a month ago on another UGA trip.

He looked around. Saw everything that he liked. Then he saw all those big offensive linemen. He didn't see guys like that at UNC.

"I looked around and saw all those big guys," White said. "I just knew I had to come here."

edited June 27

He likes the double-barrelled approach to Georgia's RB-by-committee workload. The Bulldogs like to rotate in at least three fresh backs during games.

"I feel great about sharing," White said. "Sharing is caring for a back. I can't do it all. I'm a tailback so my body has got to heal."

His high school coach, RIchard Bailey, is on a long-planned family vacation in Hawaii. He didn't even know about this choice.

• kenb1kenb1 Posts: 117 ✭✭✭ Junior

cmon coach give zeus #34 if he wants it. imho he will wear it well like hw

How can we retire zues number if it's already retired.. Watching that ceremony, he just seems like a sweet, humble non-human kid.. Chubb-like..

• BigGAdawgBigGAdawg Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hot Diggety DAWG!!! Welcome to the Bulldawg Nation...your new forever home.

(Sorry guys. Just had a family member tap me on the back and wanted to share a story.)

Back at it.

What did Kirby Smart do when White told him he was coming to Georgia? White said that Smart jumped up and down.

"He was real hype," White said. "For sure."

Hey jeff, When did White tell Kirby?

• hashmarkhashmark Posts: 68 ✭✭ Sophmore

Great job Jess as always, Welcome to Dawg Nation Zeus, c
    ant wait to see you on the field

What does the nation's No. 1 RB do after he commits to the school he's always loved?

He practices. The Fighting Scots have a 7-on-7 event at 4:45 PM later today. White will be with his team then.

• godawgsgodawgs Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

@JeffSentell said:
    No. More. Visits. His recruiting is shut down. Done.

He sounded relieved to say that.

North Carolina made a big push late. But it wasn't enough to swing things past the Crimson Tide for his runner-up school.

I love reading this. No more visits. Just love it.