Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Jake Fromm, Cade Mays to play against brothers in SEC showdowns

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited June 2019 in Article commenting

imageJake Fromm, Cade Mays to play against brothers in SEC showdowns

There could be some “family feuds” at future SEC football games for the Georgia Bulldogs. At least two current UGA players, including quarterback Jake Fromm, have brothers that play at rival SEC schools. Another is Cade Mays, the rising sophomore who is battling to be the No. 1 right guard for the Bulldogs. His

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There is no longer a place for a 275 pound offensive lineman at UGA. Not so for Will Friend at UT. While Friend was Richt's OL coach, he had to be the laziest recruiter in the SEC. The road graders UGA has now have always been there but it takes effort to get them signed. At the opposite end of the spectrum from Friend is Coach Pittman. Good luck to Cooper because he is Cade's brother. He will get meaningful snaps at UT, but at UGA he would be no more than a blocker on special teams.

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited June 2019

This story is a reach. Why write this stuff? Lazy journalism.

• Options
    Bulldawg90Bulldawg90 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    The reason for the article is obvious to me. Maybe we should have an article reporting Jake Fromm was seen playing catch with Matt Landers. It’s the middle of the summer. Content about football is scarce.
  • Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Come on guys (and/or gals), it's mid-June. Are you expecting articles on a new commit every day, the writers are going with what's available. I have gotten on their cases before but I sympathize with trying to write articles (which we demand) on "new stuff" at this time of the year. I'd much, much rather read these "fluff" articles than those of the JJ Holloman (I hope I spelled that right) variety. I am really disappointed when I log on and find no new articles of any kind. All you reporters, I appreciate even these types of articles, after all they are about our Dawgs.