Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

The 5 most important games on Georgia football's 2019 schedule

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited June 2019 in Article commenting

imageThe 5 most important games on Georgia football's 2019 schedule

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. The 5 most important games on Georgia's 2019 football schedule Georgia football figures to play one of the

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I enjoyed your article and understand your logic, but I’d have to say that all our SEC East games are more important than Auburn, Texas A&M or Notre Dame for 2 reasons: Wins over the big boys you mentioned look great, but losses to Vandy, KY, SC & Missouri hurt more than big wins (just ask Ohio State). Also, when considering the SEC CG, losses to East teams hurt our chances more than losses to West teams assuming there is a tie at the end of the season.

• Options
    natejawsnatejaws Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior
    I find it hysterical that tech isn't even a top 5 most important game to us!! Willing to bet that we rank #1 for them. Their season is predicated on the final game and they could go 1-11 as long as they beat us.
  • Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I understand the article, too, and agree with the game ranking. Your post, too, BubbaBill, nails it. All our games are important.

To my way of thinking the most important game of the year is always the next game up. That's until Saturday's kickoff when the only important game becomes the game we're playing. We only beat Vanderbilt by preparing for and playing Vanderbilt. Any attention misplaced on some fantasy game or scheduled game in the future detracts from preparation and execution in the most important game, the game of the moment.

All that said, we all hate and should continue to hate the team with the goofy coach. Keeping him from dancing is always worth circles on anyone's calendar.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    RGBRGB Posts: 172 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hope this team has the chemistry and attitude and mind set to win every game. There are 27 five star players in the SEC East, and Georgia has 24 of them. The talent is there