Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Clock running on Jake Fromm, Georgia receivers, to get in championship form

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited June 2019 in Article commenting

imageClock running on Jake Fromm, Georgia receivers, to get in championship form

SEC quarterback experts say Jake Fromm has time to get in sync with his new-look receiving corps this summer, but there's nothing like game days

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Maybe I'm missing something about our passing game. Our top 3 wide receivers combined for 100 receptions last year. That is hardly the kind of production that should be difficult to replace with the talent in that receiver room. It's not like we're replacing a 75 reception, 1,000 yard receiver. I think the issue with our passing game is more coaching philosophy than talent. If none of these 4 and 5 star kids are ready to catch 3-5 balls a game, then something is wrong somewhere. I think Robertson has a realistic shot to be the primary receiver. He's by far the most game tested. All in all, I'm not concerned about the talent at receiver. But again, I could be missing something.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I agree with an earlier comment that receiving is not a great concern, logically. Our pass catchers over the past several years have not had a large number of catches. With the talent we have returning (Robertson), experienced seniors transferring in (Cager and UT tight end) and those talented freshmen, I don't think bettering the mark for our top 4 receivers from a year ago will be a problem. Just my opinion. On another note, it sure is nice not to be bombarded with money making schemes in the comments.

• Options
    RGBRGB Posts: 172 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Passing game will be improved this year. Talent not a problem. He's in Knoxville
  • Options
    DawgForLifeDawgForLife Posts: 24 ✭ Freshman
    Fromm spreads the ball around. I think we will be fine. Theres some good size in the group and if they get their blocking technique down along with the most talented O-Line I've seen assembled at UGA in my 51 years that should supplement the run.
  • Options
    EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    We are stacked at wr.yall dawgnation reporters need to find something to write about bc this team will be ready come game 1.stop trying to put doom and gloom on the dawgs