Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Update on QB D'Wan Mathis: 'Georgia saved my son's life'

SystemSystem Posts: 11,058 admin
edited July 2019 in Article commenting

imageUpdate on QB D'Wan Mathis: 'Georgia saved my son's life'

Georgia football freshman quarterback D'Wan Mathis has been cleared to run and lift after undergoing emergency brain surgery six weeks ago

Read the full story here

Comments

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Prayers, and best wishes for a complete recovery Mr. Mathis. And best wishes to the Family also, you've shown what UGA means to you, and the feelings are mutual. Glad to have the Family as part of the DAWGNation..GoDAWGS!
  • SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

God's speed with a complete recovery. God has his plan...

• MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 267 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited July 2019

Truly amazing, UGA is awesome in so many ways!!

• MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 267 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited July 2019
  • ColaDawg86ColaDawg86 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Praise God for the Georgia physicians to notice this and get him to the hospital immediately.
  • Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wishing this young man and his family the very best. And I can't wait to see D’Wan on the big stage.

Take it easy for now, and get well soon, D’Wan. You have the entire Bulldog nation pulling for you.

• SpeedratSpeedrat Posts: 7 ✭ Freshman

How timely. I was just thinking about this and wondered how he was doing. So glad he is recovering. Hope to see him play soon!

• jrmdvm1jrmdvm1 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

I have always been very proud of where I went to school. So many leaders were among the graduates of UGA. On the "world stage" as well as within all of our communities. Fantastic scholars and programs abound there. I have also been proud of our athletic programs as well, being especially proud of their "bulldog" attitude of never giving up, as well as their being gracious in both victory and defeat. This set of circumstances is another shining example of what UGA is about. I pray for D'Wan's full recovery so that he can have the opportunity to strive to reach his dreams, but if anything ever becomes an obstacle to that, he and his family will always be Dawgs to me. Go D'Wan and Go Dawgs!

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It was a true blessing to have Ron Courson there to diagnose and to act so quickly. Hopefully he'll have a complete recovery, and get to play in the allotted 4 games.

• JackJack Posts: 95 ✭✭✭ Junior

An event like this does not go unnoticed by the families who are helping their child pick a school for any college sport. It has a wide reaching positive impact on UGA's athletic department that they put resources into an area that not only does physical training but with people that have great diagnostic abilities. That is known as a 'Comfort Zone ' to parents. Just one less thing not to worry about for them and it's a big one!