Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Albert Haynesworth

NOVADAWGNOVADAWG Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just read that he needs a kidney transplant. Sad seeing him in hospital. I have a friend that lost a kidney back in high school, and it’s a scary thing to think about.

I know now he’s a volunteer but prayers for the man and his family.

If anyone is interested in helping out check his Instagram page.

Comments

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My Dad, a DGD, lost both of his kidneys when I was 1 (1972). He hand 2 unsuccessful transplants that nearly killed him. He lived for 22 years on dialysis. It was a little tough, but not that bad overall. I hope Albert can get one, but all things being equal it isn't the end of the world.

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am living on one kidney. Lost my left one to cancer 16 months ago.

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I feel for anyone with serious health problems. I hope he has friends or family who can and will agree to help him. He might be in trouble if he has to rely on his fans. He wasn't the most heartwarming or inspiring player during his playing career.