Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: Florida players say playing Georgia in Jacksonville 'a home game'

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited July 2019 in Article commenting

imageWATCH: Florida players say playing Georgia in Jacksonville 'a home game'

Florida players enjoy what they say feels like a home field advantage in Jacksonville when the Gators play Georgia there each season

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Rusty69Rusty69 Posts: 67 ✭✭ Sophomore

Dan is like a used car salesmen.he tells the fans what they want to hear. But gators when’s the last time dan beat Ga as a HC

• Options
    MattypMattyp Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Good idea would be to go to Athens year 1, stinky Gainesville year 2 and then Jax year 3 to at least keep a slice of tradition

rotate home team in Jax

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

All I can say is, Feleipe franks needs to work on stealing more plays before running his mouth. Just my 2 cents. I'd say the 3 year rotation. Or Athens, jax, Gainesville, jax, etc...

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mr Zuniga..youve gotta beat UGA in Jacksonville before you even worry about getting your butt kicked in Athens also..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

AND Mr Zuniga..UGA and UCF have owned Flawida the past 2 years..not the gators as you think, or Miami or the fsu criminoles..GODAWGS!

• Options
    JackFlackJackFlack Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

Watch the interviews, and the headline should actually read, "Florida players respond tepidly to Mike Griffith's leading question, 'Does it feel like a home game?'" I'm not sure what Griffith's motive is continually ginning up stories on this subject out of nothing. Athens Chamber of Commerce? Trying to turn up UGA's negotiating leverage with Jacksonville? Sheer desire to see if he can kill off one of college football's truly unique traditions? Most likely, simply the craven pursuit of off-season clicks.

All before moving on to the next beat.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,038 mod
    edited July 2019

And what is your motive @JackFlack ? Only 2 comments and both degrading Mike's articles....

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with Kirby change the game to home and home.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I expect the Dawg representatives to be nothing but class while in Hoover, then leave Hoover without giving any of our opponents, especially the Gators, any bulletin board material. The only thing worst for the Gators than their coach running his mouth, is his players running their mouths.

As for the game, play UGA's home game in Athens and UF can play theirs anywhere they like.

• Options
    Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

Home and home.

• Options
    Bamf_btdBamf_btd Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

It amazes me how EVERYONE picks ups and runs with the story when someone from Georgia talks about moving the Georgia-Florida game, but NOONE seems remember or flat out ignores comments made by UF AD's & Presidents (you know the ones who actually decide where the games are played) on the subject. Such as Bernie Machen (former UF President in 2007 and current UF Board member) who countered Mark Richt's and Damon Evans proposal to rotate the game between Jacksonville and Atlanta with the straight up home and home proposal in 2007. Or, noone else seems to remember Pat Dooley's one on one with UF AD Scott Stricklin in January of 2019. Where he talks about SHRINKING the Capacity of "The Swamp from 88k seats to 75k seats, or his looking forward to going "Between the Hedges" and having the Dawgs come to "the Swamp" in the next 5-10 years.😡 😡

• Options
    Bamf_btdBamf_btd Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

BTW I don't recall ever hearing about Texas and Oklahoma moving "the Red River Rivalry" from The Cotton Bowl Stadium in Dallas, TX to a home and home series over the last 15 years. I mean isn't Oklahoma at a same "out of state" disadvantage with Texas playing in Dallas?? It's not like Half of the Tax revenue generated at Hotels and restaurants in Dallas make their way back to Norman, OK either.

• Options
    UGA4LifeUGA4Life Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So franks says it feels like home game when he sees all of the **** fans in the seats. Hmmm, I seem to remember them leaving the game early the last 2 years.

• Options
    RGBRGB Posts: 172 ✭✭✭ Junior

Jacksonville is done at end of contract. DONE !!!!!!!!!

• Options
    bnadawgbnadawg Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

Georgia gets national exposure by having CBS televise the game in Jacksonville every year. If the game becomes a home and home CBS will just pick the best game of the day and possibly that will not be GA-FL. The game also gives Florida and south Georgia future prospects a more convenient opportunity to see the DAWGs play live, even if they need to pay their own way.