Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: Kirby Smart shares the benefits of Georgia vs. Florida in Athens

SystemSystem Posts: 10,435 admin
edited July 2019 in Article commenting

imageWATCH: Kirby Smart shares the benefits of Georgia vs. Florida in Athens

What is the potential benefit of moving the Georgia-Florida game away from its annual home in Jacksonville? Kirby Smart laid out how that would help his program at SEC Media Days on Tuesday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    bodie79bodie79 Posts: 17 ✭✭ Sophomore

really wish these story lines wold evolve passed the game in Jacksonville narratives. Talk about squeezing blood from a stone

• Options
    natejawsnatejaws Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior

It's July. It'll get better when they can at least view practice a few minutes a day.

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sure Kirby is recruiting on an unprecedented level, but if playing against the gators home and home means getting one more elite player per year or every two years that could very well be the difference between winning it all or going home disappointed. Look how close UGA was to beating bama in the 2017 NCG & the 2018 SECCG. One more elite player may have been the difference of getting over the hump.

Move the game from Jacksonville and play it home and home!

• Options
    jrmdvm1jrmdvm1 Posts: 131 ✭✭✭ Junior

I hope one of the Dawg Nation staff can answer this question: What kind of "hosting" is allowed when say Texas A&M plays in Arlington ( this year vs. Arkansas ) or Arkansas plays in Little Rock ( this year vs. MIssouri ). If they are allowed to "host" as if at their own stadiums ( because it is not a neutral site game ), then the answer is to alternate years between Jacksonville and Atlanta. Yes it reduces the positive economic impact on Jacksonville, but every other year is better for them than no years. I suppose that you would have to divide the tickets at 51 percent for the "home" team so that it would not be a true neutral site. If you can't split the tickets almost evenly, then you have to keep the game in Jacksonville or go to home and home,

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wish CKS would just come straight out and say he wants the game moved to home and home instead of this B.S. about wanting what's best for the University of Georgia. It's kind of obvious where this thing is headed so the only reason I figure he isn't saying that is because there's some sort of monetary attachment going on where maybe they'll stay in Jax a few more years if the city forks over more money and/or maybe makes some other changes. I do wish the reporting here was more complete and the reporters would actually talk to city leaders in Jacksonville to get their thoughts. Then we might get a better idea of what's really happening, what's going to happen and when.