Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Herschel Walker ‘would not have been opposed’ to Steve Spurrier as UGA's coach

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited July 2019 in Article commenting

imageHerschel Walker ‘would not have been opposed’ to Steve Spurrier as UGA's coach

Wait, what. This one is a doozy, and it’s going to take a minute to unravel. But hang in there. Let’s start from the top: Herschel Walker, who is the all-time greatest football player in UGA history (and maybe in college history), was a guest for a live segment on Tuesday’s SEC Network. Sitting beside Herschel was

Read the full story here

Comments

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Say it ain't so Herschel..

• UGA4LifeUGA4Life Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry Hershel, but I have to disagree. Once someone dons that Florida jersey, or coaches on that sideline, that person is my enemy for life, regardless of how great a person they are.

• Rusty69Rusty69 Posts: 67 ✭✭ Sophomore

Don’t get me wrong as a HC I pull for whoever plays Steve. But you have to admire what he does. His game plan starts on Monday Of the week he plays a team. And as arrogant as he is he can back it up. His one liners are funny and true classics

• latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Could you imagine Spurrier with the talent level UGA and AL constantly are able to recruit

Just saying like or hate the evil genius you have to respect he won a bunch with good not great talent at FL and he won with lack luster talent at SC including wins against much superior Georgia and AL teams

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No, I get it. It's like Nick "Satan" Saban. Everybody hates him but they hate him because he's that **** good. I'm sure both Saban and Spurrier are great guys and represent their universities well.

• MarkGelbartMarkGelbart Posts: 53 ✭✭ Sophomore

I always thought Georgia should've gone with Spurrier instead of Goff. He was available at the same time. Probably missed out on some national championships because of that fateful mistake.

• ancelyancely Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think Herschel was talking about when we hired Goff