Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football podcast: J.R. Reed warns not to overlook certain members of UGA defense

SystemSystem Posts: 11,060 admin
edited July 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football podcast: J.R. Reed warns not to overlook certain members of UGA defense

Georgia football is the No. 1 topic every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for Georgia Bulldogs fans. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the DawgNation experts as they break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news and discuss coach Kirby Smart’s quest

Read the full story here

Comments

• Dawg1959Dawg1959 Posts: 13 ✭✭ Sophomore

As much as I love my Dawgs I have to be honest in my opinion that I expected much more from the defense than what I've seen since CKS arrived. All I heard was what a defensive guru he was at Alabama and would be bringing this to Georgia. Well evidently it wasn't Kirby who was responsible for the amazing defense at Alabama, as they continue to show the Dawgs how it is done everytime they meet. I can think of 3 or 4 Mark Richt teams that had defenses which were much better than any Kirby Smart team thus far. As far as being a physical team, again Alabama and other teams have shown much more physicality. For some reason the Dawgs are well known for not being able to close out ball games. All the accolades I'm hearing about the defense won't affect my opinion, just as it won't affect most everyone else. What will change my opinion? Beat the teams that continue to teach us a lesson in how to be physical and close out a ball game when necessary. Until then everyone knows that if they stay close heading to the 4th quarter then they have a great chance of winning because the end of the game is when the Dawgs love to fold. I've been able to call every game for the last three years, and my friends are amazed when I do. But it's pretty easy if you know the history of Georgia, always close but never the cigar. For all the 4 star and 5 stars walking around it hasn't changed anything and I unfortunately don't see it changing.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Been a while since I've seen a pro-Richt whine session about the state of the program. Although, Smart has indeed had two whole years (after that first transition year) and all he's managed to accomplish is the team's first conference title in 12 years, a national title game appearance and a 13-game blowout streak against the division with no end in sight. So I suppose it's fair to go ahead and write him off as a failure.

• KeithsaxonKeithsaxon Posts: 684 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you don't like what's going on in Athens don't sit around and whine about it! Pick another team!!!