Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Dawgs fan talk: Trap game, Fromm unleashed, Yale 2029 and more!

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited July 2019 in Article commenting

imageDawgs fan talk: Trap game, Fromm unleashed, Yale 2029 and more!

Check out what Georgia fans are thinking about as the Dawgs prepare to open preseason camp.

Read the full story here

Comments

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bill, I always enjoy reading your columns, especially this one, touched on several very interesting topics. Re: defensive line deficiency, until, I believe, two years ago Tracy Rocker was the DL coach. I wonder if he failed to "get in on the ground floor" early with top DL prospects. If so, maybe the early recognition that, hopefully, has been happening for the past couple years will bear fruit in the years to come. Just a thought.

• maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited July 2019

Uga's passing attempts declined when Sony and Chubb ask for more carries. Check out 2016 passing attempts oppose to 2017 attempts and as for the concerns about recruiting 5 star defensive tackles, based on rivals recruiting composite, Saban only recruited two 5 star defensive tackles (A'Shawn Robinson/Daron Payne) since he been at bama, so we probably lag behind because their staff does a great job of developing 3 and 4 star defensive tackles.

Note: Here's a list of 3 star DTs developed at bama - Josh Chapman, Marcel Dareus, Terrence Cody and Damion Square.

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bill, do you think Georgia will be improved on red zone conversions and if so, how do you think they’ll do it?

Only reason I ask is I am trying to survive this purgatory in college football by rewatching last seasons games. I had forgotten just how pathetic our offense was inside the 10.

• Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited July 2019

Chaney was a good playcaller, but often too stubborn for his own good, specifically his goalline offense. He often seemed determined to "prove a point" to the opposition that we could run at will. It seemed over and over again we'd see a UGA running back crash into the line of scrimmage for a minimal gain (or loss) while a play-action pass, or even a run to the outside would have led to UGA scoring an easy touchdown.

Inside the opponent's ten yard line, Chaney channeled his inner Brian Schottenheimer. The result? Tons of Rodrigo field goals.