Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Brenton Cox, Justin Fields and the curious case of the No. 1 jersey

SystemSystem Posts: 11,080 admin
edited August 2019 in Article commenting

imageBrenton Cox, Justin Fields and the curious case of the No. 1 jersey

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. The curious case of the No. 1 jersey following the departure of Brenton Cox For the entirety of his Georgia

Read the full story here

Comments

• unweanedlilpupunweanedlilpup Posts: 14 ✭ Freshman

Not to mention Crowell wore the #1

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Possibly Cox was getting outworked in practice. He had a year of experience over the new guys but apparently did not want to step up and provide some form of leadership. Some people just aren’t cut out to lead but that doesn’t make them a bad person. Good luck to him and move on. Go Dawgs!

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm talking out of my butt here, but maybe the player that demands to wear the "#1" Jersey is a drama player with an overinflated ego. I'd bet that Michel was assigned the #1 Jersey and didn't care and yeah, when you have numbers like 10, 11 and 12 for your QBs and your freshman QB demands #1, then maybe he's not going to last long.

• DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited August 2019

Our football team seriously needed to "get motivated" on the first day of fall camp? By two ESPN female reporters? This sounds exactly like the team that couldn't get motivated in the Sugar Bowl in January...

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sony Michel was certainly an exception, but in the case of Fields and Cox I think the #1 was a mindset to them as individuals.

Funny that the #1 looks like an "I", and there is no "I" in team.

Sounds about right.

Go Dawgs!

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Whatever the reason for Cox leaving I wish him the best, and hope he doesn't land at one of those schools that would sweep his problems under the rug. He needs to learn to play by the rules and to put his team first.

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe Fields took the jersey curse with him to Ohio St. Just looked it up, he will wear N0.1 for his new team.

And judging by how the signing of Fields decimated their QB depth chart he may have...

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think "one" is a great number! When a player no longer wants to wear the red and black or no longer deserves to, that is "one" more scholarship opened up for the upcoming class. I guarantee Kirby and staff will use it well!

• BiggDawgg63BiggDawgg63 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Who's next to wear the #1 jersey!

• Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

Seems like UGA athletic department would release details of why Cox is leaving and end the speculation and rumors. One would think they owe the fans and supporters that much