Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

UGA football 2019: Toughest games, season record and other predictions

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited August 2019 in Article commenting

imageUGA football 2019: Toughest games, season record and other predictions

Which games will be key to the Dawgs getting back to the SEC Championship?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DestinDawgDestinDawg Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bill I agree with brother Tim. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Any time we have to travel to The Cow Pasture at Neyland Stadium is worrisome because of the possibility, maybe even a probability, of a significant leg injury to a key player. Not that the Vols would win, but because of the effects it may have against a better team down the road. I believe @ Auburn will be more along the line of Chizik's last year than the upset of two year's ago. 12 - 0. Win SEC. Go for back-to-back Nattys next year!

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The only real concern, to me, is the defensive line where top flight talent is less than the other position groups. Two "ifs" - front line personnel on D-line stay healthy and the entire team mentally treats the next game (perceived cupcake or not) as the most important game of the decade, we are extremely happy in mid-January. Another thought, I believe Jake's coming back for his senior year. If we win it all, he's gonna want two, if we don't, he's not going to want to leave UGA without a National Championship ring.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I hit "enter" too early. Another thought, with our depth, I think the "winability" increases as we go deeper into the season.

• Options
    UGA4LifeUGA4Life Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

12-0 regular season. Then we keep bama out of the playoff with a beat down. We win our semifinal as the 2 seed. Then we beat Clemson in the championship game by shutting down Lawrence. 15-0 national champs. Our looooonnnnnggggg wait will finally be over.

• Options
    maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

I won't make any predictions but I like the vibes coming out of Athens. I haven't seen Kirby this positive about his football team since he took over the program, the defense looked good in the spring game coordinated by Dan Lanning and Zamir White could contribute this season.

• Options
    RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 175 ✭✭✭ Junior

11-1 loss to Texas A&M but we win the rematch in the SEC Championship game which sends us into the playoff.

• Options
    dawg10mcdawg10mc Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Florida does NOT have the deepest roster. Their depth is paper thin.

• Options
    Swade40Swade40 Posts: 10 ✭ Freshman

It's Lit in Athens!

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great article Bill!

I hate to say 11-1 just because 12-0 is hard to attain even though I don’t see a team on the schedule we can’t beat IF healthy and in it with heads and hearts!

But..... I do think that tamu game is going to be a rough one.

• Options
    StrongNTrueStrongNTrue Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

Two years ago UGA and ND played a major war for 60 minutes...and UGA only led for about 3-4 minutes of the game...trailing throughout the other 56 minutes. The ND team just played in a Final Four Championship series...has a head coach who was named AP Coach of the Year and returns 14-15 starters and has two DL players who should go in the first few rounds of the NFL Draft. Their secondary rated # 5 for pass Efficiency and were in the Top 5 Defenses for Total Sacks-Hits-Hurries

Trevor Lawrence and the other Coaches and players said afterwards that ND was the most competitive team and game they played in. When ND's DB Julian Love---now on the NFL NY Giants--was in the game, Lawrence was 14 of 25 for 94 yards....that's about 6 yards per pass attempt. He never threw the ball up the field...only short dink passes.

When Love got hurt ...Clemson scored 3 quick TD's on his replacement to break the game open---and when he returned, they only got one running TD from Etienne. With less than 5 minutes in the first half ---the score was 9-3.

Sounds like ND could be a very decent team---battling the all world Clemson Tigers so closely....and actually better than Bama did

Yet Auburn-Texas A&M-Florida are all the most mentioned "toughest team" candidates...OK...if you say so.

I hope ND does come in as an 11 point underdog...going to be some very surprised UGA fans on September 21st.

ND played LSU in a Bowl game about 18 months ago in Orlando...as an 11 point underdog who just could not possibly compete against a powerful SEC team like LSU. Tiger Bait...Tiger Bait...that became Irish Stew.

ND was leading 3-0 at half time...hmmmm...and won the game 21-17 as an 11 point underdog.

ND will show up...and play hard-fast-and smart football for 60 minutes.

• Options
    Hortondawg1Hortondawg1 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

GOOD READ!! GO DAWGS!!!