Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Small change to UGA's football helmet

SystemSystem Posts: 10,488 admin
edited August 2019 in Article commenting

imageSmall change to UGA's football helmet

UGA is making a small tweak to its football attire for games this season. And, no, it’s not the black jerseys (at least, not to our knowledge). The UGA football equipment department tweeted out a photo of this year’s helmets this week. The small change? On the back of the helmets, the “Georgia” sticker has been

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Want black jerseys? Simple. Convince Kirby that it will make the team better. Have the bean counters project what it would mean in increased apparel sales and how that would speed the process for new weight rooms and a new football operations palace at Butts-Mehre.

• Options
    deutcshland_dawgdeutcshland_dawg Posts: 1,595 mod

Nike cant figure out how to make them shiny. Not kidding. They had an article on this earlier this summer

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

deutschland_dawg, I remember reading that same article. Maybe I’m wrong, someone correct if so, but the Dallas Cowboys wear Nike apparel. I know it may be a shade or two different but they sure are shiny. I don’t get why Nike can’t design or find a supplier that can produce a “shiny” silver. I also would love to see that look come back. Go Dawgs

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

I guess I'm in the minority, but while I think the black jerseys are sharp, I don't care if we ever wear them again.

I've been living and dying with those gorgeous red jerseys for 40 years.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I just wasted about 30 seconds of my life reading this article, another 30 complaining about it

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

If Howdy Doody can't get the "Silver Britches" from the 80s, which were shiny, and looked much like the Dallas Cowboys pants, please put somebody in that office that can get it done. He's promised this for more than 10 years now.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nice helmet I think.

Silver britches - yes.

Black jerseys - no.

• Options
    latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Black shirts - Yuck

Bring back the Red pants we wore when we last won the national title ….. Now that might be an idea