Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former Georgia football linebacker Brenton Cox won't dress for Florida-Miami game

SystemSystem Posts: 10,486 admin
edited August 2019 in Article commenting

imageFormer Georgia football linebacker Brenton Cox won't dress for Florida-Miami game

ORLANDO, Fla. — Florida has not yet received a ruling on the eligibility of former Georgia football outside linebacker Brenton Cox, so he won't play against Miami on Saturday night. Gators athletic director Scott Stricklin told DawgNation that Florida is still waiting for more information on the appeal that has been

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bulletproof 😂😂😂 that coming from a 4th string LB 😆

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

How terrible FLA depth chart if Cox were to start two weeks after being on the team. Do they have three plays in their playbook? Makes no sense to me that he would even be considered to start with only being on campus for two weeks. Am I missing something?

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looks like flawida could use Cox about now since no other LB can seem to stop Miami's RB's 😆

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think I've heard enough about Mr. Cox. He's now a "Mullet Man" so let's talk about him (if we have to) on WLOCP week.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If UGA's fourth stringer is an upgrade to UF's defense, how on God's green earth is UF the eighth best team in the country? From what I saw tonight, their QB has regressed from last year, the team has zero discipline, and the players have no respect for Mullet. Mullet chewing the butt of one of his bone headed players and the player just standing there, paying no attention, and smiling down the HC. What SEC team on their schedule isn't licking their chops waiting for their chance to squash a lizard?

• Options
    JackJack Posts: 87 ✭✭✭ Junior

Cox was not going to get many snaps at UGA. Can't imagine that he will receive a waiver to play this season. Being a disciplinary problem is not a great defense for him to present to the NCAA for eligibility.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He didn't want to compete while at UGA, maybe he will help the lizards next season. There is no reason on God's green earth that he should get a waiver to play this season at Florida. The NCAA isn't equal and fair on their rulings though.