Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

New UGA coordinators could be 'source of excitement' for Bulldogs

SystemSystem Posts: 10,439 admin
edited August 2019 in Article commenting

imageNew UGA coordinators could be 'source of excitement' for Bulldogs

Georgia football fans crave a national championship, and this season might be the year their wait comes to an end. However, the first step toward making that happen is for UGA coach Kirby Smart to lead the Bulldogs to a third-straight SEC East title. With that in mind, DawgNation is proud to present — in partnership

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Something I will be looking at on short yardage and RZ plays is our ability to seal the end on runs between the tackles. UF's DE came around the end untouched and had our RB wrapped up about the same time as Fromm made the hand off repeatedly. I couldn't believe Chaney had no answer for such a simple problem! Personally, I believe TN did us a favor by hiring Chaney.

• Options
    latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sure hope the OC looks better at UGA than he did at Miami

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think we're better on both sides of the ball this year. On defense, more talent and more experience. I think Lanning is going to keep the same philosophy because of the above stated reasons. On offense, certainly no drop off in talent but not as experienced at receiver. Everywhere else, more experience. The fourth year in Kirby's system. I think we're going to be very happy in mid January.

• Options
    JoeFannJoeFann Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think we will be pleasantly surprised at the upgrade at OC, especially since it's a position he's already held. I also think that the loss of Tucker has been underestimated and it may take Lanning some time to grow into the job. Fortunately, as he noted, Kirby is there to gently (snark) guide him. And there is talent and experienced depth (for a change) on the D. I'm SO looking forward to this season. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    RGBRGB Posts: 172 ✭✭✭ Junior

The guy cleaning the uniforms probably has more imagination than Chaney. He will never live down the 7 tries against Florida inside the one and we settle for a FG. All between the tackles. Stuffed every time. WHY ? Florida knew.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If Smart is smart he would let the Dawgs light up the scoreboard Saturday night. Let the Dawgs out of the Dog House and let the Big Dawg eat..

• Options
    maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

"To whoop the guy across from him butt, that's what I'm expecting."

— Dan Lanning on Jordan Davis

I get the feeling someone wants to dominate.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Tucker was a very good DC at UGA-he will be missed but still hopeful Lanning can step-up.

A wish came true when Chaney left for Tennessee = Win Win for us.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Amen to that. His offense at the U were consistently ranked in the 60's. No Bueno.