Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Fearless predictions for UGA's football team in 2019

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2019 in Article commenting

imageFearless predictions for UGA's football team in 2019

It’s time for fearless predictions. It’s too easy to predict things such as Georgia will finally beat Alabama, the Bulldogs will finally win the national championship, or George Pickens is the program’s best receiver since A.J. Green. Those opinions are all so cliché. Here we go: Stetson Bennett will play in a

Read the full story here

Comments

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Excellent Article Michael! Thank you very much for a piece with substance. I hope you are able to continue to write articles like this in the future.

I am confident Stetson is the real deal. His numbers weren't the best in JUCO but he had average players around him. I hope Fromm is never injured, but, I believe Stetson can lead this team if called upon.

Cine will be a superstar in the Red and Black.

• nathan1942nathan1942 Posts: 11 ✭ Freshman

UGA will handle Tennessee

• nathan1942nathan1942 Posts: 11 ✭ Freshman

Great Article, agree totally with dawg 365

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"...freakiest talent on a team of freaks." Best line of the off season! That line encapsulates the vision Kirby had his first presser at UGA. Something along the line of "We need to get bigger and more physical." aka freakish. It's amazing how quickly he has brought his vision to fruition!

• law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I diffently agree. The Tennessee game could be somewhat of a trap game.UT is well coached and has alot of coaches who know UGA very well. If we jump on them early its over. We cant let UT hang around though.

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

Huh... can't say I don't disagree with much of that. Really good points on UT. I've been a little wary of them as well. Everyone kept pointing at UF, but it was UT I was thinking would make their comeback.

I'm oddly just as worried about RB as I am QB as far as depth is concerned. It's an injury prone position and we have players with histories of being injured there. We pile up 2...3... hurt RBs and it could get dicey.

• maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited August 2019

Stetson Bennett is very agile. He can scramble out of the pocket to avoid loss of downs and can extend plays to give his receivers more time to get open. I think he will be fine.

I notice the same thing about Lewis Cine in the spring game. He's definitely not afraid of contact.

Charlie Woerner is a very good TE. He has very good hands and he's not an easy guy to bring down.

Chaney likes to air it out (just not @uga) which makes the vols a dangerous team but I do not see a loss here unless they come out flat like they did against the longhorn.

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Just how would you have him phrase that because that is the reason for the article, who will shine. The only way that Bennett can be called upon in a time of need, is for Jake to get injured.

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Thomas Davis and Greg Blue would put a big old hurt on opposing players. In today's game they would both be tossed for Head Hunting. In a few years, we will seeing touch football instead of what we see today.