Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Cover 4 on Georgia football: What will 2019 look like for D'Andre Swift?

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited August 2019 in Article commenting

imageCover 4 on Georgia football: What will 2019 look like for D'Andre Swift?

The DawgNation Cover 4 look for the day is on junior star tailback D'Andre Swift. What kind of numbers does DawgNation expect to see him put up this fall?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 621 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I actually hope he has 180 or less carriers. To me this would mean our other backs are healthy and being productive and Swift is staying fresh. With only 180 carries and a 6 yard per carry average, Swift could still break a thousand yards and a good chance of having two backs over a thousand yards. RBU baby! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    rhclaghornrhclaghorn Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

If healthy he tops 1,000 yard rushing easily. There are other good options in the UGA backfield, but this should be Swift's year to shine!

• Options
    saldivensaldiven Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think it's silly to assume Swift will have fewer yards than 2018. He's entering the season healthy, rather than with a nagging injury. This season, he'll be sharing the loan with mostly the same other running backs; instead of Holyfield from last year, it'll be White this year. But, Cook and Herrien are the same from last year. Swift averaged 11.6 carries per game in 2018, recording 1049 yards. That's with five games with fewer than 10 carries. Healthy, he could have the same 163 carries, and end up with 1100-1200 yards.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That offensive line Georgia now has is such a MASSIVE BEAST than even I could nearly gain a yard (or two) through the holes that they're going to road grate open in all areas up and down the line of scrimmage. The trouble for me, is that I am just too slow, and too old also. Anyone else playing on Georgia this season??? They (the RB's) are going to have a BANNER YEAR!!!! Particularly Junior RB D'Andre Swift!!! GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Having two bye weeks will also help Swift recover. One to begin the meat of the SEC schedule and another at the mid point couldn't work out better! I think he will break some long ones late in most games because of the D wearing down against the mass and depth of our OL. Much closer to 1500+ than not breaking 1000.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't know how many yards he gains, but the determining factor of whether we believe he has a successful season is whether he remains completely injury free. I still believe he has a nagging injury somewhere and I also believe that by year end, a healthy Zamir White will take away many -- if not most -- of his carries. I just think, all things being equal, that Zamir White is the most talented running back on the team and he'll start to show it once he gets to running around. Swift is very good and I hope he has a great year, but he seems to get injured on the sly (by that I mean, you don't see the injury or hear the injury, but he'll just turn up hurt somehow).

• Options
    DawggolferDawggolfer Posts: 49 ✭✭✭ Junior

With the line he has blocking for him, Swift may get 1,000 yards against Vandy.