Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

DVR Alert - UGA takeover of the SEC Network all day on Friday July 21

SavageDawg17SavageDawg17 Posts: 1,535 mod
edited July 2017 in General

Here's the schedule:

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2017

Damnit! Looks like I'm gonna have to free up some free time... Got some serious couch sitting to do.

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Already got the DVR set.......

• Options

@BamaDawg said:

I will be interested to see if they updated the content for this season for the "Beneath the Helmet" and "Best of the Bulldogs" features, on my DVR it says 'Originally Aired 2016'.

• Options

@SavageDawg17 said:

@BamaDawg said:

I will be interested to see if they updated the content for this season for the "Beneath the Helmet" and "Best of the Bulldogs" features, on my DVR it says 'Originally Aired 2016'.

I didn't even notice. It would be nice to see some new material. I would like to see some type of behind the scenes on the IPF, the future locker rooms (maybe some concept drawings), and the new recruiting pavilion.

• Options

Preview of "Beneath the Helmet" by UGA Athletics, looks good!

• Options
    edited July 2017

Now I'm excited .... Love those videos

Never wish your life away, but I really wish the season was starting tomorrow....

• Options
    SnoopDawgSnoopDawg Posts: 660 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is some WEAK programming. Why cant they show Dogs of war vs. LSU in 2012, vs. Clem's Son in 2014, or Blackout game vs. Barn?

Showing they same old #$%^& they always show

• Options
    MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep. That Clemson game in 2014 was amazing. Gurley with 290 all-purpose yds. And a guy named Chubb nobody had heard of yet, that hit people like a Mack truck. Loved it.

• Options

@SnoopDawg said:
    This is some WEAK programming. Why cant they show Dogs of war vs. LSU in 2012, vs. Clem's Son in 2014, or Blackout game vs. Barn?

Only real Bulldog fans would know to watch those games. ESPN is television. They've got to put the games as many people as possible have heard about to get as many people as possible to watch.

The bar down the street might **** well make a better hamburger. But everybody knows who McDonald's is. Corporate bean counters gonna pick McDonald's to make money off of every time.

And besides, get a ROKU so you can watch YouTube on your big screen TV:

https://youtu.be/4z3_Et_AIvo

Best entertainment decision I've made in a long time is that now at night when I get home and I'm tired, I don't turn on cable TV and flip channels any more. I connect my iPad to my Apple TV via AirPlay, and watch YouTube or video from various other sites on my big screen TV. Then I'm surfing the web, etc. when I'm in between videos, or one of my videos gets a little slow in action or whatever... But basically I'm just clicking around on the Internet on my TV rather than flipping channels, trying to find something good amongst all the junk that comes on cable television.

• Options

Oh damnit, I messed that up. They've got the 2013 UGA/LSU game, but not the 2012 one. Sorry, Snoop.

• Options

Well, I got up early and watch the 1980 UGA/UF game (I'm a long time fan, just haven't been hardcore as long as Snoop has). Run Lindsay, Run isn't as dramatic when you watch it 40 years later. ESPN did their best to make up for it with dramatic music playing while they were interviewing people about the play, Dooley, etc.. You really gotta watch sports live. Or maybe just like 10 minutes behind live so you can skip commercials.

And was it just me or did Munson not really say, "Run Lindsay, Run". It sounded like he just said "Run Lindsay"

Is crazy how bad the on screen graphics were in 1980. It was only a little better than old homemade VHS tapes and the date/time clock that would show up in your video if you didn't switch it off.

Hershel reminded me of Gurley. Seemed like he would cut a lot look Gurley would at the beiginning of the play. But at the end of the play, Gurley would try to juke you just before he got tackled. Hershel would put his head down and try to know you over. And Gurley seemed a little faster. But I'm wondering if that's because the up front guys around the line are slower because they're so much bigger these days. And when you have a guy running the same speed around slower guys, he just looks faster.

• Options
    dawghousedawghouse Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:

@SnoopDawg said:

Only real Bulldog fans would know to watch those games. ESPN is television. They've got to put the games as many people as possible have heard about to get as many people as possible to watch.

The bar down the street might **** well make a better hamburger. But everybody knows who McDonald's is. Corporate bean counters gonna pick McDonald's to make money off of every time.

And besides, get a ROKU so you can watch YouTube on your big screen TV:

https://youtu.be/4z3_Et_AIvo

Best entertainment decision I've made in a long time is that now at night when I get home and I'm tired, I don't turn on cable TV and flip channels any more. I connect my iPad to my Apple TV via AirPlay, and watch YouTube or video from various other sites on my big screen TV. Then I'm surfing the web, etc. when I'm in between videos, or one of my videos gets a little slow in action or whatever... But basically I'm just clicking around on the Internet on my TV rather than flipping channels, trying to find something good amongst all the junk that comes on cable television.

OFF TOPIC: @levander if you're not already tuning into it on YouTube, you might want to give "Hot Ones" a try, pretty fun interview show.

Now back to Dawgs talk...