Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football podcast: Some Alabama fans are apparently big mad about UGA's light show

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited September 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football podcast: Some Alabama fans are apparently big mad about UGA's light show

Georgia football is the No. 1 topic every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for Georgia Bulldogs fans. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the DawgNation experts as they break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news and discuss coach Kirby Smart’s quest

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Alabama is big mad about our lights?

Like we care about that? Guess they should have scheduled an earlier night game maybe. Oh, I forgot; that's not how it works. Did they miss the memo...

Let's see, we were playing Notre Dame, a top ten team. Alabama was playing the Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles. Wonder why we had a night game on tv and they didn't?

I'm not an Alabama hater but this sort of arrogance is why some folks don't care for the Roll Tiders. Oh, one other thing. Didn't they have a night game against Clemson not too long ago. How'd that go for them? As I recall, it was "lights out."

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    SAVYSAVY Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Dang! @JimWallace, preaching the truth! Alabama angst = anxiety about UGA.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Then there's Tennessee angst (as in an-G-ST). That's Tennessee's angst about Georgia State.

• Options
    Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

Every major college program is going to have a light show by next year. Georgia Tech will ask their fans to bring flashlights instead.

Next will be light show drones. My son saw a show this summer and it was pretty amazing.

• Options
    GaGirl68GaGirl68 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

The Roll Tide complaining about what we got just elevated our light show several notches. Love it!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Alabama being envious of the Georgia light show is Hilarious! It is also real...

They can blame it on Nick Saban and his lack of scheduling any legit team for a home and away series.

Maybe they will finally get a home night game in the 9th game of the season against LSU.

Either way, Georgia was the first team with the "Light Show" and they always will be. Now Alabama knows how it's supposed to be done....

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My red flags were the same, too conservative, and I was surprised we didn't see many, if any new plays.

Notre Dame was ready for our screen's and the run plays. It didn't look like they brought any new plays that weren't already on tape.

• Options
    DDubDDub Posts: 58 ✭✭✭ Junior

The red flags should be the below average PFF grades for Kindley, Cleveland, and Mays pass blocking this year and Hill's below average run blocking grades. This is what happens when people "overhype" something, just like they did this "expected" blowout of Notre Dame. Everybody needs to pump the brakes on this train, although a really good win, there is PLENTY to work on. Go Dawgs!