Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

On The Beat: Closing thoughts on historic win over Notre Dame, promising season ahead

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited September 2019 in Article commenting

imageOn The Beat: Closing thoughts on historic win over Notre Dame, promising season ahead

Georgia football 'On the Beat' show, putting a wrap on the Bulldogs' 23-17 win over Notre Dame, and the reasons for optimism moving forward

Read the full story here

Comments

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just because a bunch of fans and media types think UGA needs to throw it more doesn't mean it's going to happen. Heck, right after the Vandy game, Kirby himself said that we needed to throw the ball more and stretch the field. We did it against Arkansas State and Murray State, then went back to "three yards and a cloud of dust" against Notre Dame. So I don't look for UGA to become Alabama or LUS overnight just because us fans thinks they should. Time will tell.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm not sure the play after half time, especially on offense, is "adjustments." The script with Kirby doesn't change much in big games and is part of the game plan. Repeated body blows with an occasional head shot in the first half to soften the opponent. Own the third quarter with flurries to the head and body. If there's not a knockout by the fourth, continue with the third quarter game plan. Our losses seem to come when things don't go along with the plan and the players have to improvise or have to resort to a plan "B".

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

I would like to think of this team as a little more than a "work in progress". What I saw on saturday did concern me...especially with the running game...with the best offensive line in the country, Kirby did not have confidence that he could pick up a yard...Also, the Dawgs did not look good at all on that 3 and out after the Dame TD. Right now I have to speak the truth and say that Georgia is not in the same league with Clemson and Alabama. They have to improve if they expect to have any chance against either team

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I have no worries about this team. Some of yall want to throw 25 times when we dont have to. Thus defense is only going to get better and they're already good. The Dawgs wont blowout every game they play. A win is a win by 1 or 50