Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia QB Jake Fromm limited by slow calls from sideline vs. Notre Dame

SystemSystem Posts: 7,419 admin
edited September 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia QB Jake Fromm limited by slow calls from sideline vs. Notre Dame

Georgia coach Kirby Smart said Jake Fromm was limited at times because the play calls came in too slow from the sideline, limiting his time to read the defense and change the play call when necessary

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

if Kirby has so much confidence in Fromm, why kick a FG instead of trusting him to get a yard?

• Options
    Billybob101Billybob101 Posts: 127 ✭✭✭ Junior

“It had more to do with he coaches that Fromm.” That makes perfect sense, Mike.

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 741 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2019

Dont start that again today please!!! On the previous two plays ND had stopped UGA for zero yardage

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So, if UGA hadn't got that yard, you would be on hear yelling they should't have gone for it.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Scoring a TD late with only one TO is much more difficult than getting in position to kick a game tying FG. The goal is to win the game!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It was announced before the season started Coley would be on the sideline. I thought I saw him standing on the sideline with Kirby during the game but could be wrong. Either way, it's disturbing that after a quarter of the season the problem of getting the plays to the QB has not been fixed, especially for a home game! At Auburn and at Jacksonville, that could be a difference maker!

• Options
    MarkGelbartMarkGelbart Posts: 53 ✭✭ Sophomore

They should just let Fromm call his own plays. He would without a doubt do better than the inexperienced and unimaginative offensive coordinator.

• Options
    HerschelsDailySoupHerschelsDailySoup Posts: 36 ✭✭ Sophomore

Any early buzz on D'eriq King? If Kirby could get him in Athens, that would be one of his biggest recruiting wins yet

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is disturbing on several levels. I need to take a break from Dawgnation for my own sanity. How in the explicative is James Coley not getting the plays out quick enough? Are you kidding me! Is he going to correct it by sending out plays that are not well thought out simply to be quicker. I hope in a game or two this is remedied because I am starting have more faith in Fromm than Coley.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with @Dawggy . Let the players play, quit overcoaching and don't hinder them when you do coach. And I'm still harping on the 4th and 1 play because I think there's a more significant long-term issue at stake. Our O-Line is more deficient than what we all originally believed and I'm not at all sure this is going to be fixed, since it hasn't been fixed now in two years. That worries me because there will be a game where we're going to NEED to pick up that yard to win the game, not simply extend the lead, and we need to get there. I do wish CKS wasn't so stubborn about using a fullback. You don't have to do it on every play, but if we need a yard or less, what does it hurt?

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is totally on coaches. Need to have situational packages where Fromm has 2,3, or 4 plays already prepared and just go with it. If that is his advantage, then we must use it to the fullness.