Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby Smart focuses on Georgia football Havoc Rate through 4 games, rapid improvement

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited September 2019 in Article commenting

imageKirby Smart focuses on Georgia football Havoc Rate through 4 games, rapid improvement

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart is turning his defensive focus during the bye week back on Havoc Rate, looking for ways for the Bulldogs to improve in that area

Read the full story here

Comments

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

“We’re trying to find more ways and we spent the last two days looking at the teams who are elite, what are they doing?”-CKS

All due respect to our current players, specifically our defensive line, the elite teams are recruiting ELITE linemen. With the exception of Trevon Walker-who is getting very few snaps on the line at this point, we haven't been recruiting elite D-linemen. Period.

I absolutely love CKS and believe he is an excellent recruiter but it is glaringly obvious to me that our D-line, while good, is not elite.

Last thing I will say on my soapbox: If those services that team rank recruiting by the number of stars and number of players with stars, instead weighted Defense, Offense and even Special Team recruiting based upon need and balance, our overall ranking for each class under CKS would be lower. For Example: If you consistently recruited all five stars on offense and some four stars but mostly three stars on defense you would likely end-up with the top national class every year. BUT, your team would be so imbalanced that you consistently finish each season out of the national rankings.

I pray the likes of Jordan Burch signs with UGA in 2020.

Go Dawgs!

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Those stats look impressive, but why not break down the stats for opposing passing attack also?

• Awaller08Awaller08 Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

I didn't see much pressure at all on the ND qb nor a lot of tackles for loss. There was a big one at the end of the game by Nolan Smith and another player that may have saved the game. For a team that had given up a lot of yards on the ground ND did a great job stopping the run against our OL. The crowd may have been more responsible for "havoc" causing false starts than our defense.