Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart sees value in close Notre Dame win: 'we gained some confidence'

SystemSystem Posts: 10,430 admin
edited September 2019 in Article commenting

imageKirby Smart sees value in close Notre Dame win: 'we gained some confidence'

Georgia hadn't won by single digits since beating Oklahoma in the Rose Bowl prior to Saturday's 23-17 win over the Irish

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

A win is a win, keep chopping wood for four quarters every game Dawgs, only 11 more games to go. Hope my heart can take more close games like this.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Any time you can beat a team who went undefeated (Regular Season) the previous year, while that team is likely better this year, it's a great win.

I believe Notre Dame is a legitimate top 10 team. We will see...

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was disappointed that the score wasn't bigger, but we could have easily scored another 3 touchdowns. I earlier thought the throw to Pickens in the end zone was PI, but it was just tough coverage.

The drive where we got close and had the penalty that took us back and we had to settle for a field goal.

If Simmons hadn't muffed the punt for ND's first score.

I know those things happen, but if they hadn't, we were in position to really blow them out.

Plus, look at the momentum that we lost when ND had the injuries (ha ha)...we were seriously driving and their D was getting gassed.

We have a young team, so the experience they got was huge.

Like you, I think that ND is legitimately top 10 and they played us hard. They played Clemson hard in the semifinal last year, until Clemson just wore them down and took over. That was beginning to happen in our game.

I just hope we can build on this and open up the offense.

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 622 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have no doubt the players are playing their hearts out. I love this coaching staff and our head coach but they are going to have to step up their game in the coming weeks from in game decisions to play calling. We have the bosses it’s just time to turn them loose. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2019

What if the other team doesn't just let us run them over??? Yall are some bad couch coaches. We aren't gling to blow everyone out and it's a good thing to have been tested for 4 qtrs. Win by 1 or 50 its still one win.