Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football stock report: Mistake-prone Bulldogs stub toe against South Carolina

2»

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Watch the UGA recruits de-commit...although they can probably get a starting position first year with this rag-tag bunch of scrub footballers. Richt all over again.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA66, this was the first time since 2016 that Georgia has lost to a team from the East. You seem to be going by a very odd definition of "bottom feeder."

I'm not saying this performance wasn't an abomination. It was. But your ridiculously overstated conclusions are impossible to take seriously.

• Options
    ericbrums89ericbrums89 Posts: 13 ✭✭ Sophomore

Stock Down:

Tyler Simmons: Muffed the punt in the Notre Dame game and cost us an interception and nearly a loss in first OT with his shaky hands. He can't haul on a contested catch to save his life, and obviously struggles with wide open catches. He is unreliable.

Kirby Smart: Kickers are mentally unstable. Even Rodrigo. Kirby showed doubt in Rodrigo at the end of regulation and that rattled him. How does a hail Mary have a better chance than RB from 57 yards? Kirby coaches conservatively to "not lose" games rather than win. That will have to change if he is ever going to step out from Saban's shadow.

Secondary: True there have been a lot of injuries in the secondary, but Notre Dame, Tennessee, and now USC have showed we are questionable at corner and nickle. We can't cover big WRs or atheletic TEs. I don't think we'd stand a chance this year against the WR core of Alabama.

RB Depth:

We have elite RBs. Where was Herrien and McIntosh?

• Options
    GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

I can say Georgia offense increased South Carolina havoc rate

• Options
    GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think the last time we ran a punt was when James Cook started as the punt returner.

• Options
    SM3255SM3255 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

How can anyone be surprised by this? Every year they hype up these guys, and the simple fact is they are not even close to being a top 5 team this year. Love the Dawgs but Let’s be real.

They are playing with NO intensity and no heart, unfortunately that’s the culture at UGA and that is squarely on the coaches. Great talent doesn’t mean anything without heart. To me they just look lazy and like they really don’t care.

• Options
    JoeFannJoeFann Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

Credit to Muschamp and staff. Used their two weeks very well. Great game plan well executed. The talent and depth of UGA still gave them a chance to win, but coaching pissed it away. No excuse for not kicking the game winner on third down with 0:08 left. Poor scheme, poor play calling, poor execution. Just poor, period. SC’s defensive weakness was their LBs, and we never exploited it. Constantly ran into their strong DL or threw at their tall strong DBs. Only good adjustments were on D, pitching a shutout for about three quarters. Offensively, as unimaginative a game plan as I remember. Need to see Kirby and Coley “do more.” Still all in front of us but no room for errors, kinda like today. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

The only differences between Mark Richt and Kirby Smart to date are the CFP and Richt won and blew games with far less talent.

1. Eight wins first season.

2. Richt 13-1, #3 in the country would have made CFP if it had been in place.

3. Richt lost to LSU In the regular season and then went on to lose the SEC Both teams finished 11-3.

4. Fourth season after six games, Richt was 5-1 after blowing a game at home against the Vols. The loss cost the Dawgs the East and a third straight shot at the SEC Championship. Losing to USC today now virtually requires the Dawgs to run the table to get to Atlanta and even then they will need help with such a bad loss on their schedule to make the CFP.

This is an inexcusable loss considering the talent Georgia has. Once again, they did not come ready to play. Talk about youth, injuries, etc... this is about coming to the stadium prepared to do your job and destroy the other team. The way Georgia finishes this season is critical to their future. It's quite obvious now they still lack a lot of talent, desire and heart.

And so many thought we had left these days behind. Pure deja Vu.

• Options
    QvoxQvox Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It was a bad day. That's all it was. Mistakes were made everywhere. We had zero momentum the whole game. The fans seemed flat and apathetic, the play calling was questionable. The tempo was off. It just ****. All of it.

But the people calling for resignations and firings are just being ****. This is college ball, this kind of thing happens. It's painful when it does, hopefully your coaches and team learn from it, and hopefully it makes you better going forward.

• Options
    RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 175 ✭✭✭ Junior

I really hope this doesn't turn into a program defining loss the way the Alabama blackout game did. Not sure what performance was worse, the coaches or the players. Either way, a lot of expectations evaporated today.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2019

Man, after reading these comments, my comment about hoping this game doesn't cost us recruitment points doesn't seem so bad. BTW, I agree with most of them.

No wonder people don't like noon games.

Just a heartbreaking loss as it showed all of the areas that aren't as good as what we'd hoped. So much for not calling big plays until big games to keep from tipping our hand...

• Options
    Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

Today showed us what corrections are needed in our program. We need a mobile qb and a top notch offensive coordinator who Khoisan’s knows how to call plays besides a run up the middle

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LSU is not even on our schedule! If you want your rants to have even a modicum of validity, have at least a smidgen of knowledge of what you're talking about!

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 622 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would love tell how disgusted I am with the play calling but I’m just too disgusted. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    QvoxQvox Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The wheels fell off today, but the entire undercarriage has been rattling all season. Halfway through the season we know James Coley is not the right man for the coordinator job. Promoting him to that position was a critical mistake, and now Kirby has the unpleasant job of correcting his mistake.

Jack Fromm is a great guy, and a pretty good quarterback and team leader. But he's not the best in the nation. He needs a really effective running game to give him a change to win. We didn't have that today. I don't blame that on Swift or White, I blame that on Coley and his ineffective game plan and the failure of his philosophy of playing not to lose. Running it up the middle for the first two downs of every series is NOT the way to have a successful running game. And that's what we did today.

Our offensive line is NOT a wall. They need lots of work. Giving everyone a change to play isn't working. We need to figure out who we need to win and stick with them. Our defense played OK, but our zone pass coverage needs some work. We're supposed to have two of the best safeties in the nation, but it certainly has NOT played out that way this season. But to be fair, while the defense needs some work they didn't lose this game today, our offense or lack there of lost today's game.

• Options
    OKDAWG64OKDAWG64 Posts: 26 ✭ Freshman

Watch Bama slinging the ball to wide open receivers, same for Oklahoma and many others. Why does it look like our receivers always have 1 or 2 defenders draping them and it takes a perfectly placed ball to get a completion. Why can many college and NFL teams all seem to get mismatches with their tall, athletic tight ends. Not one route a game where it's a fluke but using TEs as major offensive weapons throughout the game. We have historically had great TEs and never utilize them properly. We need to get an offensive coordinator from a team that knows how to open up an offense.

As far as defense goes, how many times do we hear a player having their personal best against us, a team having their top game against us, etc. It happens every game. I do wonder if, like many commenters have said, we play to not lose rather than to win. We look to make adjustments later, bend but don't break mentality. You cant do that any more. Teams are too talented and won't always play along with us just flipping the switch. We need to tighten up, period. Our soft zone coverage is getting exploited. We need to impose our will on people from the opening whistle until the last one.