Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

BREAKING: South Carolina's AD apologizes for damage to UGA's treasured hedges

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageBREAKING: South Carolina's AD apologizes for damage to UGA's treasured hedges

South Carolina has officially apologized for tearing off pieces of UGA’s treasured hedges to celebrate Saturday’s upset over the Bulldogs. UGA athletics director Greg McGarity told DawgNation that South Carolina athletics director Ray Tanner contacted him on Sunday afternoon. “Ray just apologized for those actions,”

Read the full story here

Comments

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

They shouldn't have to apologize they just came in and upset the number three team at home. after what we watch yesterday we should have just gave them pieces of the head to take with them.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Too little, too late for that..

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not suprising from a classless Muschimp.. I guess birds of a feather do flock together, all the way from a Head coach to "his" players. Glad DAWG players, coaches and fans have higher integrity than a bunch of fowl..GoDAWGS!

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

let it motivate. My goodness they were 2-3, they aren’t used to winning. Take it out on the next guys!

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope McGarity sends them the bill. Or maybe we should do some damage to their locker rooms. Maybe TP their stadium. So childish.

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Dont lose next time .simple as that

• calvary29calvary29 Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

I wouldn't say another word about it.  I would show up next year in Columbia and beat them 70-0, that's the only thing you can do. 

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

You want to stop that? Makew it known that the next time it happens whoever vandalizes the hedges will leave the field on a stretcher...and carry out that threat

• SouthGeorgiaEagleSouthGeorgiaEagle Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

Time to add a fine when they are destroyed by uncivilized players and coaches, yes you too Muschamp your days as a Dog should have taught you better,

• JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hey, this isn't the first time this has happened. It is just a privet hedge after all and it will heal. Let's not get too worried about the shrubbery here. I am more worried about the way the team played on Saturday, not some hallowed hedge.

Let them have their little memento from the biggest upset in college ball this year. I am glad it means so much to them. I would be more concerned if they beat us so often they didn't even care to take a piece of the hedges. We have bigger fish to fry than this, time to move on. Nothing to see here.

• joelljoell Posts: 34 ✭ Freshman
    edited October 2019

Drunk driving, drugs, cursing cops, beating/threatening your girlfriend, getting a souvenir from a privet hedge . Players committing these acts should be dismissed from their team.

• zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sorry...they earned it. Don't want it to happen again? Stop making boneheaded plays and decisions and win what was supposed to be an easy game at home.

• SAVYSAVY Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is the same Muschamp that said he would have rather been a Gator but they didn’t recruit him, so he settled on UGA.

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It is a shame (it should be) that the SC players ( and coaches-Wow!) took their frustrations out on the Hedges.

Muschamp should have known better...

But that's what we should expect from SC whenever we let them win one in Sanford stadium. I will just say, it is what it is, and leave it at that.

I quit going to the GA-SC game when in Columbia SC several years ago. Got cussed out and threatened by several different groups of SC fan's, several times during the walk to and from the parking lot. It happened three SC home games in a row.

My crime was nothing more than wearing UGA Red & Black. I don't go to football games to confront teams of drunk and angry fans...

Little cousin SC don't like Georgia. Maybe Smart can use what happened to get the better prepared next time.

• rjallenrjallen Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior

Still waiting for a PERSONAL apology from Muschamp and financial compensation directly from the ex Georgia player. CKS needs to address the fact Muschamp his buddy, participated in vandalism. The players were just acting like juveniles, not excused, but understandable.

And to those of you who claim the victor deserves a right to act this way....You have been watching too much Vikings .....organized sports demands a level of conduct from its players. Otherwise, there is no sense in holding the games. I do think Georgia coaches and players should look to hang 50 points on USC at the earliest opportunity. Let play on the field be our response.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have some problem with this but no that much. Muschamp is a losing coach and needed a BIG lift after that win...! His team is better than UGA and he now knows it. Fact. I have been around Sanford Stadium a lot as a proud UGA undergrad and as a photographer for the team and as a commercial photographer in Athens, years back. The Hedges are pretty sacred vegetation and the thrill of victory simply overcame the SC boys. After all, they just beat the then No. three team in the nation on their turf!!! Pretty heady stuff. Overwhelming in fact. Unbelievable! Even moreso as Smart and Muschamp are former team mates.

Good that Muschamp called McGarity and apologized.....nice gesture.

PS...I would remind McGarity that if UGA loses to KY..he and Smart are both vulnerable in their jobs at UGA..as McGarity fired Richt then hired Smart on his own with the hype of a king. We got Smart like him or not. Red flag memo.