Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former 13-year NFL veteran quarterback: 'Georgia is done'

2»

Comments

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Many fans are guilty of listening to the media and polls way to much in preseason and developing this "NC or Bust"... "Free CFP Pass" for UGA expectation. Take the blame fans. You did not hear KS or players indicating this was going to be a cakewalk.... it all cam from the press and many shotgunned the koolaid.

This developing a new receiving corp is a hudge task and until they turn the corner or gain experience, teams can Man UP on them and then load the box to stop our strength... OL and RB's. Good to average SEC teams can do this on us.

Hope we can pull some magic but not gonna be easy.

• Options
    latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Cager has been the best and most consistent WR this season.

D Rob has been catching the ball better however he is misused , he is a speedster and should be used to stretch the defenses we face not constantly on screens and 5 yard routes

Blaylock while not flashy has been the second most consistent at finding a way to get open and catching the balls tossed his way he should see more time

Pickens is hit or miss he can look like a hero or be a zero sometimes inside the same game

Simmons and Landers have not shown me much and they should be replaced with Cook who run crisp routes and don't have many drops and might would be a weapon even lining up in the slot instead of just coming out the backfield

Georgia must win out to have any shot and honestly I don't see that happening. The offensive system is a joke. I see why FK St run the man off, End-Around 5 times a game , 10-12 screens and 15 passes 7 yard out routes by the outside wrs and curls by the inside guys just don't cut it when people can half way match up on the wrs ….. It takes a system not just the players as the idiot said

ND showed how to shut Georgia down , TN tried didn't have enough discipline or talent to get the job done , SC beat us with the same type def ND used ….. Don't expect it to get better unless the plays being called change

10 plus men in the box constantly it will slow down the running game and crowd the passing lanes on our screens and short passing game …… Get some 12-15 yard routes and a few deep balls and force the Defenses to defend the field till then its not going be good we just don't play enough cup-cakes for a system based on just let talented guys touch the ball and that's the system

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's amazing how so many know so much about so little. Experienced SEC receivers want man coverage, go to sleep and dream of man coverage. In time UGA's young receivers will as well. Now we are seeing why Robertson and the rest of last year's receivers that aren't playing on Sundays were invisible last year and again this year. Open it up? To whom?

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@ShoottheHooch , I disagree with the assessment of our receivers. I believe the problem is what Notre Dame's Coaches said about our passing game: Our receivers run SIMPLE routes. I refused to believe Pickens and Blaylock and Robertson can't beat man coverage because of a lack of talent. I believe it really is because of simple routes. How man slants do we see? Slant and go? How many double moves do we see? How many double moves do we see by our TE's? If two 5 star(Pickens and Robertson) and one four star(Blaylock) receiver can't beat man coverage, my first question would be toward the OC and Receivers Coach.

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 360 ✭✭✭ Junior

ok I have a question.....c a 13-year veteran of the NFL quarterback....WHO???

This idiot has thrown as many LIFETIME NFL yards as Jake Fromm in a season and he thinks this qualifies him to give an moronic opinion like this?

Dan, go back to being a career NFL benchwarmer.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod

Never ever heard of the guy so I did a wiki search. Lot of creds there to make an opinion....(Roll Eyes)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Orlovsky

• Options
    SouthGeorgiaEagleSouthGeorgiaEagle Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

Who in the heck is Orlovsky, Who is she?

• Options
    FredBearFredBear Posts: 232 ✭✭✭ Junior

I get people aren't taking this guy's word as gospel because I ain't never heard of him either but he is right. With the inept coaching that is happening this year Georgia is going to take at least two losses in November and wind up in one of those don't matter bowls. Until Kirby evolves as a HC and hires a competent OC this team ain't going anywhere as far as titles go.