Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Weather forecast takes a turn for UGA-Kentucky

SystemSystem Posts: 10,435 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageWeather forecast takes a turn for UGA-Kentucky

If you’re planning to go to the UGA-Kentucky game on Saturday, the weather has taken a turn for the worse. The once-upon “sunny forecast” has switched to rainy and cold conditions. The forecast calls for a high of 57 degrees, with temps going down to 53 degrees at night, per Weather.com. The game is scheduled for a 6

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JoeFannJoeFann Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

Try and hide your excitement, Michael! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    SAVYSAVY Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

I’ll be cozied up in my bed, 7000 miles away. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Why the heck does the terrible weather favor UGa ??? Good grief, the last thing I wanted was bad weather after our turnover fest last weekend.....and Ky is also a good rushing team.

• Options
    MinnesotaDawgMinnesotaDawg Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree. What a ridiculous comment to make! Bad weather generally benefits the away team (Kentucky), the underdog (Kentucky), and neutralizes a passing game advantage (Kentucky is going to start a WR at QB).

And after last week, the reference to Georgia's "Great Wall" is borderline trolling!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes, I agree with other posters here that if the weather is bad, UK is in a MUCH more favorable position. With a former wide receiver now at QB, they probably weren't going to throw that much. Plus he's fast and shifty, meaning he'll probably have our defense on its heels in wet weather. In addition, after all the talk about last week and the need for us to open up our offense, if there is a lot of rain, that's probably not going to happen. How well does Fromm throw a wet ball anyway? So yeah, we have the horses to run the ball. But as we saw last week, some teams are capable of shutting the barn door on us. Then what will we do? And I just keep wondering how did a season so full of bright promise get so bleak so quickly?

• Options
    f60alconf60alcon Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

The Dawgs should have an advantage with the oversize offense line however i also think they are over rated!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I remember the last time Bama came to Sanford. It was a cold, wet night that had been forecasted for days. Saban showed up as if Bama was the home team. Extra heaters, towels, balls, and even extra staffers to help clean his players cleats. Richt wasn't close to being prepared for the conditions. After the Dawg players made fools of themselves when Bama came onto the field, there was the kickoff and the rest is Richt history.

I hope Kirby remembers that trip and has the Dawgs and staff ready for the conditions and upset minded KY!

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Figures.... first game I've gotten to go to in years.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I lived in Athens as a student. The Dawgs should be okay with inclement weather....despite more doom and gloom from Kirby now over the weather. This guy is something else. If he has 3-to-4-losses this season, he's gone. I hope the Dawgs get turned around.