Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

David Pollack explains Georgia football's biggest flaw and how it can be fixed

SystemSystem Posts: 10,422 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageDavid Pollack explains Georgia football's biggest flaw and how it can be fixed

Like most Georgia fans, the national media came down pretty hard on the Bulldogs following their stunning 20-17 loss to South Carolina. Georgia dropped to No. 10 in both the AP and Coaches Poll, lower than a Notre Dame team Georgia beat. Much of the criticism came on the offensive side of the ball, where Georgia

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    rhclaghornrhclaghorn Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

Gonna be tough for the Dawgs to go undefeated with their November schedule. But they could have a shot at the playoff even with two losses IF they win the SEC championship. Just throwing that out there.

• Options
    GODAWGS70GODAWGS70 Posts: 27 ✭✭ Sophomore

Receivers are called receivers for a reason.......they are not called blockers............so stop this physicality garbage and let D. Rob have more opportunities to show what he can do.....he proved himself in his freshman year with CAL and has been a clutch performer when utilized by the dawgs..........physicality...physicality.....physicality......chop wood....chop wood.....chop wood........stop the garbage catch phrases and learn how to coach effectively and manage the game correctly and utilize the wealth of 4 and 4 star athletes that you have.

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 379 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@GODAWGS70 ,

AMEN!!!!! I've been watching Pro and College Football since the early 70's and the only receiver I've ever heard that was a good blocker was Hines Ward. Not Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin, Terrell Owens, Julio Jones, Deandre Hopkins, Steve Largent and no other receiver. I don't recall ever hearing a Coach make blocking a prerequisite for his receivers to get in the game.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The USC loss resides solely at the feet of the Coaching Staff and Tyler Simmons. Smart and staff need to get it together in regards to play calling and time management. They likely won't, I now believe it is going to be another in a long line of "nearly" seasons. With Tyler Simmons, please forgive me for calling a DGD out specifically; BUT, let's be real, Simmons nearly cost us the ND game with the muffed punt return on the 5 and his tipped ball in OT (which hit him squarely in the hands-Tom Brady couldn't have thrown a better ball) are completely unacceptable. 2 of 6 games and his play is directly attributable to UGA having a much closer game than it should have or worse. Just my opinion.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options

Alls I’m saying is if we line up in the power I and toss sweep with a pulling guard during this game I might cry!

• Options

One more thought.....

Mark Richt as offensive advisor???

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

It is going to be a tall order to win out with our remaining schedule. Especially since we will run into either Alabama or LSU in the SEC Championship. We are going to need to get all the breaks that USCjr got and more. If they can accomplish all that, then they will get the privilege of playing 2 out of 3 of Ohio State, Oklahoma or Clemson. This will truly be Georgia’s best team ever if they can pull all that off. Go Dawgs.

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

Slow QB, Blocking WRs, and no effective LBs are dooming this time to mediocrity. SEC East ring is about the height of success this year.