Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

D'Andre Swift sends strong message to those who doubt UGA

SystemSystem Posts: 10,430 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageD'Andre Swift sends strong message to those who doubt UGA

You never really know about some people until adversity happens. UGA star D’Andre Swift has clearly stepped up this week as a Bulldogs leader in the aftermath of the embarrassing upset loss to unranked South Carolina. Swift, who is normally soft-spoken but candid with his public remarks, sent out an Instagram message

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I sincerely believe in Swift and I believe he is sincere in his feelings and his comments. But, LOTS of players have been sincere in their comments and have been unable to produce on the field where it counts. It's not like the other teams are just going to sit back and say, "whoa, D'Andre Swift is mad. We better run and hide." And let's face it, D'Andre does not play defense or kick fields goals or punt. It's going to take EVERYONE doing it, and then doing it again, for like six straight weeks, in every phase of the game. Then maybe, MAYBE there'll be something for us to talk about at the end of the year. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Gotta go with CEPH on this one......he is right. The rubber must meet the road....! Performance. This is homecoming or I do not think the UGA crowd will be as large following the beatdown by SC. It took the wind out my jib and many others. I have concerns about KY after they won against Arkansas. They no longer fear the Dawgs...no one does. GO PUPPIES!

• Options
    ARdawgARdawg Posts: 8 ✭✭ Sophomore

Great Message from De'Andre. Now more upperclassmen need to step up and assume the leader roles on the field. The coaching in the Carolina game was a serious issue but, it wasn't the only one. We saw Fromm and Blankenship have a bad day of which both have had few and the coaching didn't help. It happens. We're playing a lot of talented freshmen and they need that leadership and inspiration from the experienced players. We can't win without it and the coaching will come around. I ain't counting these Dawgs out, not by a long shot. I never have, never will. Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees

• Options
    GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

My concerns have nothing to do with the players. Lord knows our roster has never been this loaded & stacked.