Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia QB commit Carson Beck returning to form after early struggles

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia QB commit Carson Beck returning to form after early struggles

Carson Beck didn't have the best start to his senior season. He's recovered nicely with no turnovers over his last 14 quarters. What was going on?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Eh, High School stats are pretty meaningless in football. You have some schools play against elite talent while others play against very weak opponents. A QB might have/didn't have: good OL, good receivers, strong run game to balance off the pass, etc. There have been some high recruits that have become #1 draft picks while others wind up transferring to a Junior College.

The first sign will be the appearance in the Spring Game. Fromm looked a whole lot better than Eason did and that performance seemed to reflect to the performance in live games.

• Options
    JoeFannJoeFann Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

The comparison to Joe Burrow should calm some of the sniping about young Mr. Beck. Even Joe Burrow didn't look like Joe Burrow until this year. Shows what good coaching and an offense built around playmakers can do. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    JoeFannJoeFann Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

BTW--No relation to the Joe Fan mentioned in the article. ;)

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I watched the game tonight and Beck has a long way to go mechanically before he is ready for the SEC. He did seem to know where to go with the ball and his check downs were impressive for a HS QB.

I believe Fromm will be at UGA until they have to run him off and that could be a godsend for Beck. I've read Beck is a film rat so he could learn from the best at breaking down an opponent. If I were Mathis' parents, I would discourage him from playing football. Concussions are scary for players who haven't had brain surgery! If Fromm returns, Beck could red shirt and be ready in two years.

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

Caleb Williams 2021 everyone else is just holding a place, including Jake from State Fromm

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

5-Star Caleb Williams has stars in his eyes not Dawgs.....I do not believe for a second he will commit to UGA. UGA is just not the caliber of an Ohio State as Fields saw and left UGA for. Williams is all about Williams and the best for Williams. 4-Star Carson Beck is Smart's only real hope. Smart is a "good" recruiter but cannot seem to turn these STARS into a functioning championship team. Williams will see that if not already. Beck seems to like UGA, foibles and all. UGA really needs TOP notch coaching...not a elebrated line coach under a Number One head coach like Saban....Smart is no Saban...take a look at UGA vs Alabama record....right? Saban outcoached his understudy every time.

But, I will give Smart this year and then we'll see?? If he and his staff cannot shape and mold these top, multi-star players into a championship unit...I see no reason to maintain the status quo. Richt showed us this lesson all too well. Most always a bridesmaid!!!