Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football stock report: Defense locks down Kentucky 21-0

SystemSystem Posts: 10,535 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football stock report: Defense locks down Kentucky 21-0

Georgia football played smash-mouth football in beating Kentucky 21-0, it wasn't pretty, but it was effective at Sanford Stadium

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    KennesawJayKennesawJay Posts: 37 ✭✭✭ Junior

Other than Swift, no one's stock went up. This was a home game against Kentucky with a WR playing quarterback... This isn't acceptable.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Anyone watch Tennessee/Alabama? Maurer just snuck it in for obvious TD and the refs were all standing around like "do we call this a touchdown or not...I'm not gonna call it...you call it..."

BTW, the td was a result of an interception on about the goal line and TN ran it back past midfield.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The receivers as a whole is stock down. No separation. I can understand Pickens' and Blalock's inexperience, but there is no excuse for Robinson and the TEs not feasting on press coverage. Virtually every time he drops back Fromm is looking to go downfield but ends up having to drop it off. Kudos to Woerner however, for stopping Pickens in mid thumb across the throat after a catch for a first down. We were lucky not to get a 15 yard unsportsmanlike for that crap and too much of a reminder of the Richt years.

• Options
    GODAWGS70GODAWGS70 Posts: 27 ✭✭ Sophomore

Coaches stock........no change...........Still rates an F

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, Woerner May have saved us fifteen yards. I’ve said it before and was voted down with my comments, but Pickens is going to have to grow up or Kirby will have no choice but to keep him on the sidelines before he costs us in a big game.. Just hand the **** ball to the refs and get back in the huddle. Enthusiasm is great, stupidity is, well, just ****. Go Dawgs

• Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pickens could chokeslam somebody and he would stay on the field

• Options
    Gooddog69Gooddog69 Posts: 20 ✭✭ Sophomore

James Coley is terrible at his job!!!

• Options
    MacroDawgMacroDawg Posts: 50 ✭✭ Sophomore

Im watching it. The refs might as well switch Jerseys so we know they play for the tide.

• Options
    Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

Smart was not in the mindset to take many chances with a wet ball and a wind.

I watched Fla and SC . Their ball was wet also but they threw passes

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My thought is what if they're calling these plays because the coaches have little / no confidence in the receivers.

A one dimensional offense with the potential that we have is soooooooo disheartening.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We have two weeks to get this offense rolling or we will see a bad night in Jacksonville fl.

The East is on the line and there is nothing more to be said. Kirby, let Coley do his job, Cook is more than a decoy. Scheme a way to get those Wr the ball down field.

• Options
    Gooddog69Gooddog69 Posts: 20 ✭✭ Sophomore

If anyone thinks that we can fix this offense in two weeks they are absolutely delusional!!!

Guys and Girls!!!! This offense has gotten worse with each week!!!! They are not getting better! The receivers save for Cager are not good and Fromm is starting to look unsure and inaccurate. Swift and Herrien are ballers but if you think this team will compete with Florida you are kidding yourself!

• Options
    jackbmattjackbmatt Posts: 122 ✭✭✭ Junior

9 completions for 35 yards??? Really??? Is that even possible?

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 367 ✭✭✭ Junior

I am sorry, but this biggest issue with our passing game is not the receivers, it is the QB. We were in the stands calling for Stetson Bennett to be put in the game. Fromm spends too much time surveying the field and delivers his passes late. He misses wide open receivers and when he decides to run he is slow and can’t escape the pocket. We don’t need to worry about him going pro next year because he will not get drafted unless he starts playing dramatically better.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

How many of the boo birds and negative fans on here have done anything meaningful in a dreary downpour like last night? I have played in similar conditions and just staying on your feet can be difficult. In a downpour, just seeing the ball can be a challenge and holding onto the slippery thing is maddening. No game under these conditions is going to be pretty from an aesthetic angle but a solid win is a big deal. I appreciate the effort our team gave last night and the defense was lights out. JimDawg85, I don't mean to be unkind but you don't know what the hades you're talking about.