Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kentucky coach encourages D'Andre Swift to declare early for NFL Draft

SystemSystem Posts: 10,565 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageKentucky coach encourages D'Andre Swift to declare early for NFL Draft

How good was UGA running back D’Andre Swift against Kentucky on Saturday? So good that Kentucky’s head coach publicly encouraged Swift to declare early for the NFL Draft after this season. Here was the professional advice from Mark Stoops after the game on Saturday night: "Give (Georgia) credit— D'Andre Swift is an

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

He will go to the NFL and get used up under a rookie contract and not get paid properly, unless he is lucky like Gurley. If I was Kamara, I would sit out right now.

• Options
    Trey33Trey33 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

Take Fromm with you please!!!!!!

• Options
    ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

That was indeed a beautiful run.

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 627 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let me make sure I’m understanding this correctly (sarcasm). We have a future NFL 1st round pick in our backfield who ran for 179 yards in pouring rain, we need less than a yard on fourth down on numerous occasions, and our offensive coordinator can’t devise a play for this future 1st round running back to pick up one yard when we need it most to control the flow of the game. Instead we go into end of game mode to try and push Fromm with Cade Mays behind him into a stacked defensive line. Houston,, we have a problem. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can't look at 2020 with 2019 optics looking mighty sketchy for the Dawgs. Swift is pretty much UGA's backfield right now. If he chooses the NFL draft next year is his decision.....but now UGA needs him...badly. Let's concentrate on one year at a time with existing players. A compliment by a losing coach on a rainy night won't make any difference to Swift. He'll be successful no matter where he is...he doesn't need to be told. UGA needs to be healthy in two weeks...that is what the coaches need to be deal with. Florida is waiting.......oh yes they are.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    Mickey_HandMickey_Hand Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Maybe what Stoops REALLY meant was that he doesn’t want to see Swift again on the other sideline. :-)

• Options
    GacondorGacondor Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

I'm concerned about the Dawgs backfield, once Swift and Herien are gone.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,048 mod

Ever heard of Zamir White, Kenny McIntosh and Kendall Milton?

Btw- it's Herrien...