Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia's offense, and championship aspirations, will go as far as D'Andre Swift can carry it

SystemSystem Posts: 10,485 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia's offense, and championship aspirations, will go as far as D'Andre Swift can carry it

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. Georgia football D'Andre Swift D'Andre Swift does not care what you might think of Georgia's offense. "We're

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I am not one to boo UGA. Never have, never will but, I can be very disappointed in what goes on. Yes, my displeasure does touch on our O-Line as I have heard all the hype about them but don't see the consistency I would expect however, I would not ever think to "boo" them.

My main displeasure is with the coaching. How in the world can we not make a fourth and 2 inches? When it is obvious we cannot run up the middle but have had success outside, when everyone expects you to go up the middle, why DON'T you go outside?

This also extends to the Carolina game. There is no way I would not have put Blankenship in to kick before the end of regulation. I don't need 5 extra yards for hm (that draws a penalty). Even after the penalty I would have let him kick. He can kick the absolute crap out of the ball so good grief, let him. Did you think the Hail Mary was a higher percentage play than Rodrigo doing what everyone in the building knew he would do? I sat in the stands years ago and watched Kevin Butler kick his 60 yarder because his coach let him. Dooley knew he had the ability so he let him try.

The dissatisfaction lies in our coaching. yes, players screw up but their screw ups are split second decisions, made in the heat of the play. The coach has a chance to think it out so why doesn't he? And no, I did not play college ball. My last snap was in high school but even then I have just as much as Mike Leach and Charlie Weiss and several others and more than Howard Cosell, who called the games for the entire country on Monday nights (he never boxed, either). Like most everyone else on here I watch religiously so yes, we do have a knowledge of the game.

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@87dawg , Well said. I have questions about Smart/Coley and not our players. I really don't have questions about our O-line being great because I never really bought the hype. Last year against the Gators showed me they were not great. A great O-line creates enough space on 1st and goal at the 1/2 yard line for our backs to punch it in especially with multiple attempts. Thomas is a 1st rounder and probably Wilson, but no one else at this point.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think some fans are overreacting to the past 2 UGa games. One game (SC) was against one of the best defenses we will face and we had a bunch of mistakes that cost us the game. No pattern here because it’s our only game with a bunch of fluke mistakes. By the way, SC held Bama to around 70 yards rushing on 25+ carries........Bama’s worst rushing performance in almost a decade. The difference in that game was SC made the turnovers and not Bama. The 2nd game concerning fans was this past Saturday in horrendous conditions. I totally understand the logic for UGa’s conservative play that led to no turnovers and a 21 point win. We will do fine coming down the stretch. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We're loading the back of RB D Smith to win our future games as well. Will not happen...he is excellent and explosive but no Hershel Walker...my day. Could be wrong....sure.....but not likely. UGA...face it...Fromm must begin to throw the pigskin again...hopefully on a dry day...his words not mine. The O line will do its job if Fromm can mix it up . The defense will really worry Florida...they have mentioned it. Put the two lines together...firing on all cylinders...and UGA will beat FL! Cannot believe I said it...but I did. GO DAWGS!