Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football injury report: Brian Herrien completely over 'one-time' back spasms

SystemSystem Posts: 10,486 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football injury report: Brian Herrien completely over 'one-time' back spasms

Georgia football tailback Brian Herrien is back at 100 percent after an isolated back spasms issue that forced him to sit out the South Carolina loss

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SAVYSAVY Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

Injury situation is pretty good, aside from Cager. Glad Herrien is feeling good. The Dogs will need his hard running style against the Gator defense.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Take care of your back young man. Back spasms happen for a reason, take it from someone with chronic back pain. Get an MRI and make sure there's nothing mechanical going wrong.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Muscle spasms are largely due to under hydration. Stay off the Caffeine, and drink more water. Simple.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, the good thing about Herrien is that I'm sure the medical staff and equipment available at a school like UGA is second to none and I'm sure they took his spasms VERY seriously and analyzed it completely.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Let's see I drink about 128 to 140 ounces of water every day, and I still have back spasms, I wonder why? Reckon it might be because my S 1, S 2, and S 3 discs are medically unstable. But one of the writers below said If you drink more water that would stop back spasms, wish it was that simple.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

tommielee, I seriously doubt young Mr Herrien has anything like your S 1, S 2, and S 3 discs being medically unstable. Cramps are also largely due to a lack of hydration.

I work in a highly physical job. I also have back spasms. My spine is perfect, had an MRI and all. Doctor said to stay hydrated. If I stay away from too much caffeine, and if I drink plenty of water, I don't have the problem.

Herrien said it was a one time problem. Real back problems don't show up today and are gone the next day.