Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: Why Georgia football fans should stand behind Kirby Smart

SystemSystem Posts: 10,439 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageWATCH: Why Georgia football fans should stand behind Kirby Smart

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart is viewed as one of the most promising young coaches in the nation, and the Bulldogs remain in the hunt for an SEC Championship this season

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited October 2019

I love our Head Coach as much as anybody, but Kirby needs to realize that his offensive philosophy is already costing him when recruiting QBs and WRs. Then as he is seen as not being able to coach his team, with all of that talent, to even another CFP appearance, the 5-Stars will look elsewhere. Is there any other way to look at Arik Gilbert's choice of LSU over UGA? Or Hazelwood's choice of Oklahoma over UGA?

• Options
    nycdawgnycdawg Posts: 883 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited October 2019

I will get behind Kirby when he STOP throwing his players under the bus and take more ownership in the teams failures.

Kirby is very stubborn and arrogant. He came in as very humble guy and appeared to be very appreciative. Now that he's taken the team to 1 Championship game and won the SEC, you can't tell him nothing...he knows it all.

Guess what, Kirby? If you don't get us a CFB Championship by next year, " your a$$ is grass and I AM THE Lawn Moyer" (quoting Aunt Ester). You are NOT Saban, Urban or Dabo. You have to win a championship before you can tell us fans to kiss you where the sun don't shine.😎

Again, the similarities between my Falcons and Dawgs are uncanny. 😥

• Options
    CEPHCEPH Posts: 16 ✭ Freshman

Who are you to dictate what the UGA fans should or should not do. There have been numerous coaches who have started like a house afire and fell flat on their face. Apparently you aren't aware of that or are oblivious to it. I can understand fans getting excited after Richt but who shouldn't be (who proved his mettle in Miami) Kirby stepped into a program with a lot of talent, which a lot of new coaches don't have access to. I admit he has done an admirable job of recruiting which has a lot to do with him being new and having a new story to tell, but you start letting the SCs of the world start beating you and that will slide also. He is **** sure not ready to be crowned king of UGA yet!!!!!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think the rest of this season will be the most important in Kirby's career.......One of his sayings is "Pressure is a privileged" Well brother he has that....In my opinion Kirby has to win out and win the SEC....at the very least.......I think that unless this happens Kirby's legacy will always be "He was a good coach but never a great coach" If things don't go well this year then Kirby is done....Oh he'll have a nice little career at Georgia...maybe even put in 20 years with several SEC championships....but he'll never again seriously challenge for a national championship

• Options
    RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 175 ✭✭✭ Junior

I support the program and direction Kirby is taking it. However, that does not mean criticism isn't warranted for what happened with South Carolina. Just as criticism was appropriate with the fake field goal against LSU and fake punt in the SEC Championship. Fairly or unfairly the fan base remembers how the Youth Pastor at least once a year didn't have the team ready to play or did something **** in game that caused a loss to a lesser team. We thought that trend ended after 2015 and yet it has popped up this year.

What I don't like is the booing. It only hurts our recruiting. If you want to get mad at someone get made at the coaches and send a letter, email, or make a phone call. But booing only creates an atmosphere that will send recruits elsewhere. Would you want your son playing where the fans boo?

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia head coach Kirby Smart has this Georgia football program in a place that it has never been in before... period. I have been a die-hard fan since the tender young age of 7, and that was way back in 1970. In my 49 years of following Georgia football, I have never seen this INCREDIBLE LEVEL of player SIZE, SPEED, TALENT, and DEPTH before EVER, EVER!!!!!! What Georgia is right now on the verge of is completely and utterly unprecedented in the history of the program since it's inception. Keep the faith y'all, y'all ought to simply send in emails, or perhaps letters, or maybe some other type of communication to express your dissatisfaction on whatever Kirby Smart (and his staff) either are, (or they are not) doing of whatever it is to displease you. HOWEVER???? KEEP THE BOOING in the stands at Sanford Stadium TO YOURSELF!!!!! That serves no purpose (ZERO) except to be a most divisive, and completely disheartening voice in a crowd that ought to show it's pride and oneness to our adversaries, and show genuine excitement, and 110% unity as a fan base to our prospective Georgia Bulldog recruits!!!! GO DAWGS!!!!

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 379 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don't really get this article. Does being dissatisfied with stubborn, Les Miles LSU type play calling imply the fan base is not behind CKS? Play calling that surely helped a SC team playing it's 3rd QB win the game. I'm behind him but not winning the east this year would be a colossal failure especially in light of no team in the East has as much talent among the top 40 players on the roster as we do. Until the Gators and the Vols start having consecutive years of top 10 recruiting classes and thereby close the talent gap, then we must win the east.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,747 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2019

I agree with you entirely, but we both know certain segments of the fanbase are dissatisfied. Some know very little about football and would put us in the situation Tennessee's been in for a number of years for the sake of an exciting downfield passing game.

Our loss to South Carolina was purely because of turnovers due to poor execution. It could be argued, and I'd agree with the argument, that we passed far too much in that game. It surely was exciting, but I'm much more interested in a boring win than an exciting loss at least when we're talking Georgia football.

I'll admit to having a bias towards a dominant exciting sound defense as the key to a championship team.

Some of Kirby's critics are good guys but many of them wouldn't know a DGD if Uga bit them on the butt.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited October 2019

BTW......I watched the USC-Colorado game last night......Twice Colorado had the ball inside the USC 40 with 4th and 3....both times Tucker decided to punt...Scared, conservative......call it what you like...I was thinking Kirby must have been on the sidelines calling the plays....Oh watching SEC Gameday...Spears just really gave it to the Georgia O

• Options
    RGBRGB Posts: 172 ✭✭✭ Junior

Would like to see Kirby and Coley go spend 2 days this summer with Coach Riley at Oklahoma and talk offense. The joke on the Fla message boards is our team has prepared for all 6 of Georgia's plays

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My arms are hurting from all this arm-chairing. Me culpa. Kirby knows what he has to do with Florida next weekend. And, He will be measured by his choice and execution of game plan. I have been hard on him...I admit. He has a predisposed mindset....run. That will not work with Florida. Predictable. Let's wait and see how he executes against his scouting reports and game films. Kirby is from good stock but all that glitters is not gold. Fromm must have one of his finest hours...I assure you... as well. We'll see in Jaxville. Oh yes, we will see. Florida will be back at full strength.