Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN's Tim Tebow: UGA's issues on offense start with James Coley

SystemSystem Posts: 10,421 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageESPN's Tim Tebow: UGA's issues on offense start with James Coley

UGA is off this weekend, but the Bulldogs were still a popular topic on college football shows throughout the day. ESPN’s Tim Tebow, the former Florida quarterback, stated his opinion on Saturday’s “SEC Nation” that UGA’s issues on offense kick off with Bulldogs offensive coordinator Jim Coley. “It starts with

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Jaydawg67Jaydawg67 Posts: 36 ✭✭ Sophomore

I remember being called out on this very site after comparing uga scoring 30 points to lsu 63 against Vandy! That was weeks ago. Some were on board then but my oh my how the times have changed.

• Options
    Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

Notre Dame getting crushed, and South Carolina getting stomped by Tennessee today do not make things look good. Texas losing their third game (to TCU) didn’t help me feel better after our bowl game loss to them. Thank heavens for Wisconsin losing last week and Oklahoma losing this week as it takes the spotlight off our South Carolina loss. I remember Coach Smart’s first year when we were constantly running the ball up the middle without results. I remember when our two world-class running backs had to schedule a meeting with the OC to get more carries. The key to continued top level success is dominating the SEC East. That road now goes through the University of Florida. I imagine they are looking for revenge after we kicked them to the curb the last two years. JUST BEAT FLORIDA.

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

Tebow has a point but the game starts with Coley and ends with Kirby Smart...and yes...tonight is not a good night for the Dawgs

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

BTW...what happened to Mizzou...It's looks like they simply quit

• Options
    KennesawJayKennesawJay Posts: 37 ✭✭✭ Junior

How did we lose to a team that lost by 3 touchdowns to Tenn?

• Options
    maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

If you want to blame someone start with the AD (Greg McGarity). In my opinion, it was a mistake to give Kirby that HUGE RAISE after the 2017 season because it gave him the belief that he was entirely responsible for their success. In my opinion, had it not been for Sony and Chubb for wanting to get more involve with the offense, the season could have gone a few different ways. Remember, it was Sony and Chubb who approached Chaney not Kirby.

• Options
    KeithsaxonKeithsaxon Posts: 683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    ATDATD Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

I believe I've uncovered your true identity Starkermann. DawgNation, I give you Adam Schiff.

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Amen Tebow!! You hit the nail(s) on the head. I would add just one more thing: recruit a dual-threat QB. We had one in Fields but Kirby refused to have a playbook that suited him, so he left. Kirby better adapt to the times or we'll never climb the mountain (NC).

• Options
    jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

spot on remarks from Tim. Unimaginative play calling to the Nth degree

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tim is absolutely correct on all counts and is repeating ad nauseum similar comments said by myself and many other folks.

Let's just hope CKS and Coley hear that, make adjustments, and surprise us all!!

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    ZbulldawgZbulldawg Posts: 83 ✭✭✭ Junior

James Coley doesn't throw pics & cause fumbles ! Coley doesn't make the wrong decisions at the line of scrimmage ! Coley doesn't make players not get open or drop passes ! Last year it was blamed on Chaney now it's Coley's turn ! I agree our passing game needs to get better but it's not just on the coaches ! Let's see what happens against the gators before we start throwing our coaches under the bus ! Our special teams has been better hopefully our passing game will too ! The players have admitted they aren't doing their part ! I don't put much stock in what Tebow has to say about Our Dawgs ! Coley isn't the only coach coaching our offense it's the whole offensive staff ! Look at the LSU & Auburn game last Saturday if LSU couldn't run the ball they would have lost that game ! Auburn couldn't run the ball & they lost !

• Options
    ZbulldawgZbulldawg Posts: 83 ✭✭✭ Junior

I do agree with Spears it has been vanilla ! But that is up to Fromm to put us in the right play ! I feel sometimes Fromm is more worried about his stats than taking shots down the field or maybe he's not reading defenses as good as he should ! Our defense needs to step it up too & get us some more turn overs ! It's time for our whole team to hit it's stride ! Just like all our former players have said "Just Go Take it" Let's Go Dawgs !!!

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2019

Fromm has drunk some of the cool aid on his ability to check into the right play. Frankly, he needs to just run the play as called from the bench a bit more. His check offs on the line kill tempo. Notice how much better the offense looks when in a bit of hurry-up? Against KY, the play clock was run down to below 5 seconds far too often.

• Options
    Trey33Trey33 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

WHATS WRONG WITH THE DAWGS IS WE LET OUR DUAL THREAT STRONG ARMED QB GET AWAY CKS WAS SOLD ON ALEX SMITH JR💯💯💯