Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Florida coach Dan Mullen breaks down Georgia QB Jake Fromm

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageFlorida coach Dan Mullen breaks down Georgia QB Jake Fromm

Coach Dan Mullen had complimentary things to say about Georgia quarterback Jake Fromm leading up to next Saturday's matchup in Florida

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    RGBRGB Posts: 172 ✭✭✭ Junior

I’ve seen Fromm put a a show..... we’ll need that Saturday. If we plan now to run half our plays between the tackles, we will fatigue our defense with lot’s of 3 and outs, and we’ll lose

• Options
    RGBRGB Posts: 172 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mullen is getting into UGA's head. He has UGA figured to the play...in so many words. Mullen is not worried about beating Georgia. I believe he is fairly confident they will dominate. We are too one dimensional most of the time. BUT....I am thniking Fromm is going to put on a dispaly of his talent we all have come to know and love. He has no choice., really...or UGA loses again.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You are right, RGB! I believe Fromm discerns this better than Smart and certainly better than Coley. Look at the Florida films...!

Come on, let the Dawgs out....let them do their thing!!!!!!!

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've not studied Florida's run defense well enough to be sure how they do at stopping runs up the gut.

We are bound to test their interior defense. While I understand the reasons why we invite other teams to load the box and the reasons why we sometimes persist - to our ultimate advantage - in what initially looks like a far too stubborn and ineffective inside run game, I also tend to agree with you to a degree. I'm not going to predict we lose if we stick to a pounding inside run game because I've seen the opposite happen too many times to discount Kirby's offensive philosophy. However, to me, it is essential we move the sticks. We have to stay on schedule most of the time and we may have to use more perimeter runs or dinky passes to accomplish that.

I'm a bit worried we will pass too much like we did in the South Carolina game. In the South Carolina game I saw our passing as kinda experimental. A good experiment except for our lousy execution. Against Florida we have to use well tested recipes and perhaps a few new garnishes.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think much of Fromm and appreciate Mullen's critique of him, but really, it's like a script that all opposing coaches use on Fromm.

“He’s a really smart player, gets them into the right plays, can check and manage what’s going on.” (All coaches say that. Honestly, I think they're just parroting CKS). And then Mullen added that Fromm has some athletic ability to extend plays. Well he's just being kind there. I don't think anyone thinks Jake Fromm will beat you with his feet. That he rushed the ball 5 times was more about fact he couldn't find open receivers than some concerted plan to have him run the ball. That ain't happening.