Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Is this the year?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ladawg said:
    Watching lsu Texas am on tv.. that lsu defense is legit, and matt Canada is an incredible off coord... my point being is by October 7, fla is in trouble.. lsu will shut down their offense and Canada will exploit the new holes they have on D...

Fla, our biggest threat, has to play mich, tenn, at Kentucky, lsu and Texas am before us.. they will either lose 2 or 3 of those, and they will have some injuries coming into cocktail party.. the east is ours!

I say that they beat Mich but are 2-3 in those games (beat UT). Everyone said that I was crazy to say UF 3-5 in SEC but add a loss to UGA and at USC and that's how I have it. I am not sure that they beat both Vandy and Mizz BTW

• Options
    BigDawgBrinkBigDawgBrink Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Denmen185 said:

@ladawg said:
    Watching lsu Texas am on tv.. that lsu defense is legit, and matt Canada is an incredible off coord... my point being is by October 7, fla is in trouble.. lsu will shut down their offense and Canada will exploit the new holes they have on D...

Fla, our biggest threat, has to play mich, tenn, at Kentucky, lsu and Texas am before us.. they will either lose 2 or 3 of those, and they will have some injuries coming into cocktail party.. the east is ours!

I say that they beat Mich but are 2-3 in those games (beat UT). Everyone said that I was crazy to say UF 3-5 in SEC but add a loss to UGA and at USC and that's how I have it. I am not sure that they beat both Vandy and Mizz BTW

I hate Florida as much as about anybody, but to think that they will fall that far is a bit of a stretch.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BigDawgBrink said:

@Denmen185 said:

@ladawg said:

I hate Florida as much as about anybody, but to think that they will fall that far is a bit of a stretch.

Looking at the 15/16 classes they finished with #21 and #12 respectively and blue chip ratio of 19% and 36%. These are the classes that will form the backbone of their team this year. Only time will tell

• Options
    ladawgladawg Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Was just reading a great blog and breakdown on rivals. Uga has almost as many 4&5 stars on their roster as tenn and fla combined!!!!!! 56 to 58.., And 2.5 times more 5 stars then tenn and fla combined.. Kirby has no excuses.. none.. even if OL is young, we have til late October before we play fla and auburn.. they're sophomores by then..

• Options
    ladawgladawg Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I signed up for rivals.. ten bucks a month.. I'm enjoying it so far.. if they're insider projections about recruiting turn out to be accurate, I will stay and let y'all know how good they are..

• Options
    BigDawgBrinkBigDawgBrink Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@ladawg Awesome. Tennessee 2015 class was really good. Ranked 4th or something like that (ahead of us). Mostly on the defensive side of the football. I imagine that's what they will be hanging their hat on this season. It's always tough to play in Knoxville too, but I think our boys will be out for blood after last year.

• Options
    Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jaynole81 said:
    @ladawg you are basically bringing back the same team that lost to Vandy, should have lost to Nichols state, Mizzou and got blown out by a horrible gators team and you have them in the playoffs! Look at Bama, USC, Ohio State and Penn state are returning and did last season. I Can see them in the Playoffs but UGA! What instant impact players did they add? Kept the same OC, bringing back the same Oline with some freshman, same WRs (no match up nightmare except at TE). How about start by beating UF. Bama is loaded, Ohio loaded, USC loaded, Penn state loaded, UGA is WIP

Playing devils advocate, it's also the same UGA team that was 8 points away from winning 3 more ball games and having a 10 win reg season. So it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities for UGA to have an 11 win regular season in year 2 with Kirby.

• Options
    theoriginalpitbulltheoriginalpitbull Posts: 112 ✭✭✭ Junior

janole ... a..hole ? take your sorrymenole posts to the free shoes u blog